The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #187 (DE:75 SE:53 Str:58 Cart:0) - 1078 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
The Holy Black Ancient Timber
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Dior Sauvage

Whew, what a weekend! And needed for sure. Dinner with friends on Saturday was yummy and we added one more Michelin star to our list. The immersive Van Gogh exhibit did not stand up to the hype, but that's ok. Napa was very nice. Clos Pegase was a beautiful place to taste. We chose to sit in a yard surrounded by the vineyard and enjoyed seeing more dragonflies in one place than we ever had. The wines were not my style being fairly light across the board, but worth the trip up there. Grabbed some bread and cheese and had lunch at a picnic area at a more commercial winery. Then tasted at Honig before heading to the hotel where we ended up having s'mores at a fire pit in the evening. Before heading out of town we tasted at Mi Sueno, a Hispanic owned winery that's been served three times in the White House. Another great tasting. This time because we were alone there for most of the tasting so was shown the production area and got to get into nerdy wine talk. Great story of the owner and every wine we tasted we wouldn't mind drinking.
89BAF08F-4A51-4790-AA2A-5872A8B1BAB7.jpeg

Very nice little getaway weekend there Dave! Glad you could do it.
Before heading out of town we tasted at Mi Sueno, a Hispanic owned winery that's been served three times in the White House.
I assume to claim that means it was prominently featured in some way at an event? That’s cool!

Very nice little getaway weekend there Dave! Glad you could do it.

I assume to claim that means it was prominently featured in some way at an event? That’s cool!
Ah yes, state dinners. These were three times they hosted the president of Mexico. It's kind of neat. Wineries usually post a framed copy of the menu featuring their wine and a letter from the White House. We saw that at Paraduxx and one other winery I can't remember.

The story they told was the first time, the head usher left a voicemail that they assumed was a gag from his brother and deleted it. The usher had to call again.

the Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 were better in almost every way, but I'm keeping the Bowers & Wilkins PI5s. Sennheiser has a better case, more tap controls, and app adjustments. But the B&Ws sound better.
Every way but sound. I'd have chosen the better-sounding ones, too.

Wednesday:
2021 shave #188 (DE:75 SE:53 Str:59 Cart:0) - 1079 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch
Paladin Honey Oscar Noir
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch AS
Creed Viking
C1D4792F-EDC9-42CA-8700-6D6D679D48CA.jpeg

Wow, time to catch up in here and correct numbers from a missed shave post.

Friday:
2021 shave #189 (DE:75 SE:53 Str:62 Cart:0) - 1082 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
TOBS Grapefruit
?
Alum
Thayers Lemon

Saturday:

2021 shave #190 (DE:76 SE:53 Str:62 Cart:0) - 1083 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizmet (1)
Wilkinson Sword shave stick
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon

Sunday:

2021 shave #191 (DE:77 SE:53 Str:62 Cart:0) - 1084 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizmet (2)
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon

Monday:

2021 shave #192 (DE:78 SE:53 Str:62 Cart:0) - 1085 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizmet (3)
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon

2021 shave #193 (DE:78 SE:54 Str:62 Cart:0) - 1086 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Lakewood Soap Company Prairie Song
Custom synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Sartorial

Back at work again. Best part of school is getting off at 12 every Tuesday. Disney was pretty good. Could have been a bit cooler, but better than the time it was raining there. My wife said it didn't look at full capacity, but it seemed pretty busy to me! Think everyone had a good time for the most part. More waiting in line because of the lack of fast passes, but we tried to bounce around to avoid the huge wait times. Funny, now the kids are old enough a couple of them were happy to take a break in the hotel in the middle of the day!
5CA0B02D-C922-46CA-B13F-FC04325A0ECC.jpeg

We are infinitely closer to Disneyland now…we have almost no excuse to not go at least once since the kids have never been there 🤔

2021 shave #194 (DE:78 SE:55 Str:62 Cart:0) - 1087 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Grooming Dept Elan
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Prorasso Mint and rosemary talc
Bleu de Chanel

Hey guys, unusual post for me. I pretty much stay out of most of the diet/health/wizardry talk, but I just listened to a Grand Rounds presentation on intermittent fasting. Which I do not do, nor was really interested in doing, but was curious since these are talks by physicians that need to be based on current research. I'll just say this guy was one of those great presenters you don't mind listening to all day. Very down-to-earth, practical, and easy to understand. I learned a lot and I'll tell you some of the scientific basis was over my head. The basics I learned were an eating window of 6-10hrs is ideal with 2-3 meals in there. Longer than 12 or shorter than 6 and you're not doing yourself any favors. Less isn't always better. Skipping breakfast is also not a good practice. The idea scenario is a big breakfast, medium lunch, and small dinner. Like I said, I just enjoyed learning and hearing about the research. If anyone is interested I'm posting the links to his youtube page and podcasts. I haven't checked them out, but I'm going to listen to the health benefits of coffee right now. :D

And oh ya. I'm about to win bingo.

000A9831-8DA5-4C4C-8AB8-026036F3AC0F.jpeg

Back