The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #199 (DE:78 SE:57 Str:65 Cart:0) - 1092 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
CBL Cup of Joe
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
The Holy Black Cowboy Coffee

Welp, zapped myself right under the eye again. I should have a permanent movie star type scar there in 10 years or so.
View attachment 55938
Dave, Dave, how many times do I need to tell you shaving you eye area will not get rid of bags under the eye? Glad it was not any higher.
So how much are we talking here? A "snurdle" is a well-understood and exact measurement. Did you use a half-snurdle, quarter snurdle, 3/8 snurdle, or what? Inquiring minds need to know!
We do not use the word "Snurdle" anymore when this was pointed out by a scholary member..... WARNING not for the faint of heart or Children... May induce dry heaving, vomiting, or the yellling of "THAT's SICK" spontaneously...

Snurdle
From Urban Dictionaary:
Snurdle; the perverse act of surreptitiously sniffing the still warm bicycle seat of a female cyclist after she has just vacated the saddle. Usually for purposes of cheap sexual thrills and more often than not accompanied by pig style grunting noises.

Snurdling; the commission of the act of the snurdle.
"Yes officer. I'd just stepped off my bicycle when this man appeared out of nowhere and started to snurdle in broad daylight".

"Thank you Mrs May. We'll take it from here. Ok sicko, in the back of the van and no funny business".

What the heck? I thought I at least posted Tuesday. And didn't take a pic that day so have no idea what soap and brush I used.

2021 shave #200 (DE:78 SE:57 Str:66 Cart:0) - 1093 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
?
?
Alum
Thayers Lemon

Wednesday:

2021 shave #201 (DE:78 SE:57 Str:67 Cart:0) - 1094 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (7)
Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Maggard synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Le Labo Tabac 28
2B0B5380-8542-4F5A-880A-A24BB173CDBF.jpeg

2021 shave #202 (DE:78 SE:57 Str:68 Cart:0) - 1095 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (8)
Stirling Piacenza
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Hermetico Source 1

Help, this could explain why my shave was tuggy today. I thought I had some shaves left on this blade, but nope. I should have checked. Well, it ended blood-free anyway.

Not too many updates. My daughter turned 15 on Tuesday and she chose Hawaiian BBQ for dinner and cake with Boston cream filling. Good enough for me! The whisky group gathering on Sunday was canceled because of a lack of participants. A few folks mentioned they aren't ready to get together in a large group yet with folks they don't know. Guess that makes sense with cases going back up. I did score a spot in an online tasting with Savage & Cooke this coming Tuesday and with Rezpiral next month. Really looking forward to Rezpiral because I've been curious to taste mescal for the first time, but have no idea where to start.
5BB316C6-6CF5-4222-9E3E-FD3AD86768BA.jpeg

Haven't really been able to get much into mezcal or anything agave but should be a fun experience with Rezpiral!
I’d be perfectly happy to find out I don’t like it and have no need to buy any more! I just heard it’s smoky and need to know.

2021 shave #203 (DE:78 SE:58 Str:68 Cart:0) - 1096 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Schick Proline (3)
Southern Witchcrafts Cedar
@Graydog Education History
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Missoni

So I don't know if this razor is showing me how out of practice I am or the blade combo is a bit aggressive compared to the Proguard. I swear I was being super gentle, not even letting the full weight of the razor do the shave. Yet earned me a couple of weepers in the neckle region. BTW, has anyone seen Graydog around?

Well, ya done messed up A-a-ron. Or myself anyway. I haven't bought any shaving items for a long spell. Scents don't count because that's for my day-long ambiance, not just the shave. But have some soaps coming. A couple due to my bingo prize from the attractive and even more generous @OpusX. And a few accidentally from a Facebook post because I had gotten into the buying mood. These actions have sealed my idea for the next bingo game...
896C1A6A-F975-4B5D-8A23-5F558CD257FA.jpeg

the attractive and even more generous @OpusX.
iu

Back