The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

The idea scenario is a big breakfast, medium lunch, and small dinner.
Makes sense when I think about it…but in practice I’m usually small or no breakfast, moderate lunch, and dinner is usually the biggest meal of the day, with dessert most evenings. 🤫

Makes sense when I think about it…but in practice I’m usually small or no breakfast, moderate lunch, and dinner is usually the biggest meal of the day, with dessert most evenings. 🤫
Ya, I think most people are like that.

2021 shave #195 (DE:78 SE:56 Str:62 Cart:0) - 1088 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
CBL Three Pines
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache

Little different morning today. Oldest had a friend sleeping over and used the room attached to the den bathroom. So I had to shave in the master bath and did so earlier than normal because my wife was headed into the office this morning as well. Decided to head to a super charger since I had some time and treat myself to a Peet's coffee. Ya know what? My Stirling coffee in my office is much better.

2021 shave #196 (DE:78 SE:57 Str:62 Cart:0) - 1088 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
SV 70th
SV 2.0
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
SV 70th

SV 70th was being discussed in another thread and got me thinking it's time to pull it out.

And the oddest thing happened yesterday. I even had to text my wife about it. I got home, and all the kids were in a good mood!

Going to share a personal and non-political observation about mask-wearing just because a few things have happened recently to make me think about it. In my county, 87.8% of the population 12+ years old is vaccinated. And 83% in San Francisco county. Yet I go to Costco yesterday and I'd estimate 80-90% of the people are still wearing masks. Even in the parking lot. Yet, I see in other parts of the country with lower immunization rates and high COVID counts, masks are almost non-existent. And I had to go into the security office and give a guy an earful after seeing two people talking face-to-face without masks. (It's still mandated at medical centers) I can speak for myself and my friends that there are two big reasons we still wear masks most places around others. #1 When you see someone without a mask, the first thought is are they vaccinated or just don't care? Wearing a mask relieves others of worrying if they are around an unvaccinated unmasked person. So it's just a social respect thing. I don't need to worry about you and I'm making it so you don't have to worry about me. #2 The variant is out there. We have employees in our system, that are vaccinated, were not exposed at work, and have gotten COVID in the community. Vaccinated doesn't mean immune. And that loops back to being in the general public not knowing who is actually vaccinated. I have gotten to the point of not wearing one when I'm around folks I know are vaccinated. I dunno. In the end, I personally would rather deal with a sweaty goatee area than lose my taste for scotch for a week, or month, or...
C48E65A5-29B4-4F42-A2C0-92C348814420.jpeg

Pretty much any place I’ve gone to when we go out is now “Please wear a mask unless you are fully vaccinated” and only a very minute number of folks walking around are wearing one…but that was my first question “how do you know?” Of course no one is going to want to wind up on the front page of Facebook feeds as being a Karen and asking. It’s the new faux pas.

Interesting update, just as we were planning for our small department to meet physically together in a large conference room, our organization is going back to no in-person meetings and wearing face shields with all patient interactions because of the increasing number of cases in vaccinated people.

2021 shave #197 (DE:78 SE:57 Str:63 Cart:0) - 1089 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
Storybook Soapworks / Chatillon Lux West Egg
Wolf Whiskers Zydeco in Aztec Gold and Heart of Gryffindor w/ 24mm 2-band Badger
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Hermetico Source 1

Goooooood morning cadre! What a beautiful day! Got up early to take the final test for one of my classes. As I’m sure @woodpusher will agree, many of us wise men have better brain function first thing in the morning and that test was aced. And 3 weeks early! Then put on some jazz music and had a lovely shave. No weeper. No future scars. Now just sitting out on the deck while the coffee brews and my cat begs for attention. Only thing that needs to happen now is @OpusX decides to call some numbers this weekend and I take my rightful place on the bingo throne.

Next steps will be a breakfast in the sun while I watch a @Majorrich video. I’m feeling like I’m missing his usual presence on the forums. Then off to collect some whiskies I’ll post on the other forum. Only bummer so far is the whisky gathering I was looking forward to tomorrow might not happen because of lack of participants.
E745A1EE-5A4E-43FC-903B-F1640B74118F.jpeg

Sunday:

2021 shave #198 (DE:78 SE:57 Str:64 Cart:0) - 1091 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
Storybook Soapworks / Chatillon Lux West Egg & Razor Master Jura
some synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon

Got lazy and left the remainder of the snurdle in the bottom of the bowl from the time before.

2021 shave #199 (DE:78 SE:57 Str:65 Cart:0) - 1092 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (1)
CBL Cup of Joe
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Alum
Thayers Lemon
The Holy Black Cowboy Coffee

Welp, zapped myself right under the eye again. I should have a permanent movie star type scar there in 10 years or so.
9B9C408B-1F91-4201-9294-21969DBA3871.jpeg

Back