The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #141 (DE:58 SE:36 Str:46 Cart:0) - 1032 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
CBL Russian Tea
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Dior Sauvage

No picture for whatever reason @bentheduck has for not being around.

The big news yesterday was on the whisky front. It was posted on a local whisk(e)y Facebook page that a local retailer had the new Laphroaig 10 year Sherry Oak Finish in stock. The website was having issues and I watched for an hour of trying different things as the stock slowly dwindled. I could have called in an order but I figure there are enough other things out there to buy I don't need to chase this one. Told my wife my woes when I got home and the next thing I know she found another store in the city with it and ordered it for me to pick up later. Then shortly after said Facebook page also let me know of the Lagavulin 11 Offerman Edition finished in Guinness Casks at a different store. That is also ready for pick up. The store in the city isn't open on weekends yet, so I just have to sneak out of work a little early tomorrow and head up. Could be dangerous. Saw some nice things on their website.

That spouse unit of yours is indeed a keeper!

2021 shave #148 (DE:61 SE:40 Str:46 Cart:0) - 1039 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (4)
LNHC Doc Holiday
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Bleu de Chanel

TGITMF!!! Maxed out on PTO again and not digging getting up to come to work every day. Monday is a holiday so why not turn it into a 4 day weekend? Then have next week and then a week off when my parents come down to visit. Haven't seen them since last summer! Have to get new shoes for the Tesla on Saturday, but other than that I'm just hoping for some sunny breakfast on the deck with a few pipes in the afternoons.
44E1F435-C4B6-4A1D-981D-52F62898CDFC.jpeg

So it’s time for some videos of giant smoky burn-outs before you get the new shoes! (I shoulda thought of that before vette tires)

Have you checked out VW's electric SUV? I'm waiting for an electric that will go 500 miles between charges. It's only a matter of time now. (y)
That sounds awesome! Once we have solar powered charging stations at home, I think we will make the switch. Also the infrastructure here in Missouri is definitely not conducive to running one outside of STL or KC.

Of course the intent will always be you do the majority of charging at home (which is cheaper than a tank of gas) and only need chargers for long drive which most people rarely make. That being said, Tesla still has the largest charging network in the world :)
4FDF4E05-639D-45FB-ABE3-A452D9F61B2B.jpeg

Back