The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

through selling and auctioning to a local store. Was sad to see some of these go, but I know that it would be worse to open something down the road that I used to love and have to not perform. Plus side is the auction money will be rolled into store credit so there won't be a % taken out. What I'm sayin' is, more scotch money!
Didn’t know such a thing was possible! That’s great!

Welp, one final left, and this semester is over. Well, I have to go to a class next week, but I pretty much just have to listen to others present for 3 hours. Yesterday was nice. I volunteered for my partner and me to present early and spent the rest of class on the deck with my camera off having a pipe and a few drams.
You're rolling right along, Dave. Distance learning certainly has its advantages. ;)

2021 shave #131 (DE:54 SE:34 Str:42 Cart:0) - 1022 days of consecutive shaving
Shavette w/ Wizamet (2)
The Holy Black Autumnal
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Well, Thursday really blew. Ended up in the ED again with my daughter and told work I was taking the day off on Friday to decompress. The struggle continues is all I say about that.

Took my last final on Saturday and now I just sit back and watch others present for my last class on Tuesday. Had a couple of cigars over the last week. Man, I forgot how easy those are to enjoy in relation to a pipe. My wife really hates the smell of them though and doesn't usually mind the pipe, so I won't be able to switch over. But it was a good little treat.

These shaves with the shavette have been great. Nice sharp Wizamet and it's smoother than the SS with a Feather AC blade.
9716D07B-DD30-40E7-B87E-316AD9731C3E.jpeg

Sorry for the continued troubles Dave. Continued positive vibes your way!

Don’t give in to the temptation to try “pipe tobacco cigars”! Truly vile indeed! Sorry to hear about the continuing troubles. You guys are in my thoughts.
Thank you guys. This evening is going pretty well. I’ll take it!

2021 shave #132 (DE:55 SE:34 Str:42 Cart:0) - 1023 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho w/ Wizamet (1)
Beer Soap Brewing Company La Habana
Graydog Quilt
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Endymion

Pulled open the draw to look for something that hasn't been used for a while. Poor ole Psycho. Highly demanded and little used.
8F27C589-6943-45AE-A580-00986F0D4464.jpeg

2021 shave #135 (DE:58 SE:34 Str:42 Cart:0) - 1026 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Razor Master Jura
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Florida Water

Maybe I'm getting old and frugal. Over our Spring Break trip I decided to not scoop out the leftover soap at the bottom of my bowl and see if it was enough to use for the next shave. It ended up being enough for two more shaves. I discovered it seems to be more efficient to just have the soap on the bottom of the bowl instead of spreading it all around the sides of the bowl as I used to do. I figured it would be easier to load the brush with being able to rub its sides against soap as well. Well, doesn't seem to hold true. Trouble, now I've started feeling guilty if I scoop out and throw away the soap at the bottom of the bowl. Trouble? Yes, ditching soap is a good way to work through the backlog a bit faster.

Hesitantly looking forward to the weekend. Have a scotch tasting tonight and another on Saturday. There's even an Ardbeg one on Sunday I'm considering. And my daughter gets her first vaccine on Sunday now that younger kids are good to go.
27AEC5DB-96DC-4A7D-ADA0-3C99BA84AFAE.jpeg

Back