The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Trouble, now I've started feeling guilty if I scoop out and throw away the soap at the bottom of the bowl. Trouble? Yes, ditching soap is a good way to work through the backlog a bit faster.

I don't chase soap chunks at the end either. Never bothered with a clown puke tub. Used to feel guilty but when looking at price per shave coupled with avoiding any frustration of chasing soap slivers made it a no-brainer!

2021 shave #140 (DE:58 SE:35 Str:46 Cart:0) - 1031 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Scheermonnik Soek
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Marc-Antoine B683

Shavewise I'm still digging the shavette, but end up healing from it after every so many uses. As @GearNoir noticed early in my video career, I need to shave up fairly high on my cheeks to chase all the little hairs. This results in a set-down area for the shavette that is almost perpendicular to the skin at the top of my cheekbone. When I'm not as careful as I think I'm being, I dig that blase on in and get a nice little straight cut that shows up pretty well the next day. I think I'll end up with a collection of faint scars up there. No worries, I'll come up with a nice story for it. It's just interesting how the shavette bites me there, but not the Feather SS.

Been slacking for a few days, but decided I'd jump on some of the work for one of the classes starting next week. But the website I needed isn't loading correctly, so I think that's a sign. It's shaping up to be a rough summer with more assignments due for one class the first week than I would have more weeks for three classes before. I'm just ready for the weather to get warm enough to do some of this work out on the deck.
49E0B074-5240-4E3F-AC36-BA60FD5D0E1B.jpeg

What’s this troublesome class? Hopefully something important for that kind of work load!

Yes, Dave. Inquiring minds need to know.
One class is Assessment Across the Lifespan, and the other is Advanced Pathophysiology and Pharmacology. It's the assessment one that has multitudes of assignments. I supposed in lieu of us actually assessing patients.

2021 shave #141 (DE:58 SE:36 Str:46 Cart:0) - 1032 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
CBL Russian Tea
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Dior Sauvage

No picture for whatever reason @bentheduck has for not being around.

The big news yesterday was on the whisky front. It was posted on a local whisk(e)y Facebook page that a local retailer had the new Laphroaig 10 year Sherry Oak Finish in stock. The website was having issues and I watched for an hour of trying different things as the stock slowly dwindled. I could have called in an order but I figure there are enough other things out there to buy I don't need to chase this one. Told my wife my woes when I got home and the next thing I know she found another store in the city with it and ordered it for me to pick up later. Then shortly after said Facebook page also let me know of the Lagavulin 11 Offerman Edition finished in Guinness Casks at a different store. That is also ready for pick up. The store in the city isn't open on weekends yet, so I just have to sneak out of work a little early tomorrow and head up. Could be dangerous. Saw some nice things on their website.

Sounds like some tasty additions to the liquor cabinet...or is it a walk in closet at this point? 😂

Looking forward to your take on them.

The big news yesterday was on the whisky front. It was posted on a local whisk(e)y Facebook page that a local retailer had the new Laphroaig 10 year Sherry Oak Finish in stock. The website was having issues and I watched for an hour of trying different things as the stock slowly dwindled. I could have called in an order but I figure there are enough other things out there to buy I don't need to chase this one. Told my wife my woes when I got home and the next thing I know she found another store in the city with it and ordered it for me to pick up later. Then shortly after said Facebook page also let me know of the Lagavulin 11 Offerman Edition finished in Guinness Casks at a different store. That is also ready for pick up. The store in the city isn't open on weekends yet, so I just have to sneak out of work a little early tomorrow and head up. Could be dangerous. Saw some nice things on their website.

I was in our local big chain last week to get some refreshments for our son's birthday party and they didn't have the Laphroaig 10 Sherry yet. Just checked the website after reading your note above, low and behold they have bottles at all their locations now. Slipping out in a few minutes to go snag one...

One class is Assessment Across the Lifespan, and the other is Advanced Pathophysiology and Pharmacology. It's the assessment one that has multitudes of assignments. I supposed in lieu of us actually assessing patients.
Sometimes distance learning has its disadvantages.

Friday:
2021 shave #142 (DE:58 SE:37 Str:46 Cart:0) - 1033 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon

Saturday:
2021 shave #143 (DE:58 SE:38 Str:46 Cart:0) - 1034 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
CBL Roasted Oatmeal Stout