The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #106 (DE:41 SE:32 Str:32 Cart:0) - 997 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizmet (1)
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Stirling synth
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo Tabac 28

Stuff is still pretty tough at home. Spending as much downtime just being quiet as I can. This soap stuff sure does last a long time. I used that last TOBS for three days thinking it just had one last use in it. Used to use this one pretty heavy too and it's down to a thin layer in the tub, but probably 10 shaves or more left. Goes faster scooping it out rather than loading from the tub though.
5999E164-60BD-4146-8EC1-BF36DD6A2320.jpeg

Yo Dave!

Your shave notes go here ...
Ya man, I hear ya. Been not the best time this week. Was a pretty rough weekend that included planning a video for consecutive shave day #1000, and minutes before had to deal with an issue. Been running daily with my 6S getting the ole standard BBS and smelling good. Just been more in the mood to check out the fountain pen and nightly drinking threads than coming here to decide what to say.

I did get some motivation on Wednesday and powered through a bunch of school work. We're down to the last couple of weeks of the semester and I've gotten everything done except for one last group project. Anxious about this summer though. Going to be taking advanced physiology and a pharmacology class. Pretty heavy stuff to shorten into a summer semester.

The big focus is still on scotch. I feel ridiculous having such an internal struggle, but I've decided to try to not buy any whisky other than scotch for the foreseeable future. There are scotch lovers, but most of YouTube, Facebook, and local groups have more chatter about U.S. whiskey. So it's easy to get drawn into the FOMO of all these special releases and such. And a lot of the scotch special releases don't make it to the US or at least to most stores. But I find myself choosing to drink an American whiskey just to chip away at a bottle to get rid of it. So I'll just have to start ordering bottles from places, but I'll end up with things I'm really looking forward to. Drinking less wine means the cellar is aging fast than it's being drunk, so I just sent a list of about 30% of my bottles to a place to get a quote on them buying them.

Was on-call last weekend with several phone calls. But have a Zoom whisky tasting tonight to kick off a weekend that at the moment has no other plans!

Dave going stronk! Keep up the good work man.

Are we allowed to hold you accountable for this “no more purchases” thing? Say...for every bottle you do buy now, a good tongue lashing and you have to send one of your other whiskey bottles this way? 🤔 😂

Dave going stronk! Keep up the good work man.

Are we allowed to hold you accountable for this “no more purchases” thing? Say...for every bottle you do buy now, a good tongue lashing and you have to send one of your other whiskey bottles this way? 🤔 😂
To be clear. It's no more whiskey purchases, only whisky.

Back