The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Hard to go wrong with that.

I hope your daughter had a great first day at in person high school.

Sunday:
2021 shave #95 (DE:38 SE:26 Str:31 Cart:0) - 986 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)

Monday:
2021 shave #96 (DE:39 SE:26 Str:31 Cart:0) - 987 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)

Tuesday:
2021 shave #97 (DE:40 SE:26 Str:31 Cart:0) - 988 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)

Took a simple set-up this weekend. Ended up using a coconut and leather sample I believe. Usually, when I have extra soap stuck to the bottom of the bowl when I'm done, I scrape it out and toss it. This time I decided to see if it was enough for another shave and did all three with soap I thought was only enough for the first shave. No, I'm not going to go on a soap-saving kick. Need to get rid of this stuff!

The trip was pretty good. Good weather to the point we were sweating in our snow pants when we went tubing. Kids seemed to enough it off and on and it was just nice to be out for a while.

2021 shave #98 (DE:40 SE:27 Str:31 Cart:0) - 989 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Schick Proline (6)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Storybook Soapworks Hook
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Storybook Soapworks Hook
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

I don't think I smell otherworldly like @Somnos, but I ain't bad today. I'll always be bummed that Storybook is out of business. I do hope the owner opens back up after he's done with schooling. Weighed myself for the first time in 5 days and found I surprisingly lost a few pounds. Taking this into account I can say the key is not working, not exercising and increase my scotch intake. I'll do the best I can in those areas.
67577D9A-361F-42CD-BBA0-D071C16D804A.jpeg

That is a diet regiment I can get behind.

Your 1000th consecutive shave is coming up soon. Anything special lined up for it?

BBS brother. BBS
giphy.gif

Thursday:
2021 shave #99 (DE:40 SE:27 Str:32 Cart:0) - 990 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
A&E Grecian Horse
?
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
A&E Grecian Horse AS

Back