The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

My favorite breakfast includes over-easy eggs with enough toast to sop up all the yolks. But since I've cut back on bread I usually just do a scramble with meat and veggies cooking in the pan and crack the eggs right over the whole thing.
I can't eat eggs over easy. I don't like eggs unless scrambled.... Even then I'm not much for eggs... My wife likes cheese eggs.

I can't eat eggs over easy. I don't like eggs unless scrambled.... Even then I'm not much for eggs... My wife likes cheese eggs.
Oh man, I love em. Scrambled, hard-boiled, quiche, frittata, omelet. I'll take it. Wouldn't mind them every meal but only get them Sat and Sun for breakfast.

2021 shave #19 (DE:7 SE:8 Str:4 Cart:0) - 910 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Maggard synth
Razor Master Juha
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal

It's not rainy here, so I had to go back to Monday on WMRK and listen to that jazz this morning. The Personna is a good reminder of how spoiled one can get when they find that perfect shaving combo. I used to like the Personna for a mild shave. Maybe the blade is more mild and I didn't get any weepers, but It was a bit tuggy and not totally comfortable through the first two passes. But I think in this area I might not need a lot of variety.

I'm bummed, I was going to take tomorrow off, but have enough meetings scheduled I couldn't. And I think some of those will be during the inauguration. I guess that's another benefit of online meetings. I should be able to watch it if not listen to it.

2021 shave #19 (DE:7 SE:8 Str:4 Cart:0) - 910 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Maggard synth
Razor Master Juha
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal

It's not rainy here, so I had to go back to Monday on WMRK and listen to that jazz this morning. The Personna is a good reminder of how spoiled one can get when they find that perfect shaving combo. I used to like the Personna for a mild shave. Maybe the blade is more mild and I didn't get any weepers, but It was a bit tuggy and not totally comfortable through the first two passes. But I think in this area I might not need a lot of variety.

I'm bummed, I was going to take tomorrow off, but have enough meetings scheduled I couldn't. And I think some of those will be during the inauguration. I guess that's another benefit of online meetings. I should be able to watch it if not listen to it.
Thanks for listening!!

giphy.gif

2021 shave #20 (DE:7 SE:8 Str:5 Cart:0) - 911 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (7)
Wolf Whiskers
Southern Witchcraft Cedar
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Ooops, forgot this razor was ready for a blade change. One small weeper on the cheek. Maybe I should change back to the Feather Proguard to see if I have more luck with the blood releases though I doubt it's blade related.

Not much else to talk about. I was lazy on Sun and Mon, so I took a longer route for my lunch walk and then learned how to measure route distance on google maps. My usual 20min walk is 1 mile. That's with a stop where there is usually a large Pokemon collection. My longer route is 30min and 1 1/2 miles. Tried making zucchini chips again in the oven. They are tasty, but not sure it's work the hassle given the amount you get after hours of waiting.

2021 shave #20 (DE:7 SE:8 Str:5 Cart:0) - 911 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (7)
Wolf Whiskers
Southern Witchcraft Cedar
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Ooops, forgot this razor was ready for a blade change. One small weeper on the cheek. Maybe I should change back to the Feather Proguard to see if I have more luck with the blood releases though I doubt it's blade related.

Not much else to talk about. I was lazy on Sun and Mon, so I took a longer route for my lunch walk and then learned how to measure route distance on google maps. My usual 20min walk is 1 mile. That's with a stop where there is usually a large Pokemon collection. My longer route is 30min and 1 1/2 miles. Tried making zucchini chips again in the oven. They are tasty, but not sure it's work the hassle given the amount you get after hours of waiting.
My wife made baked kale chips once... Never again.. 🤮

Back