The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #13 (DE:3 SE:8 Str:2 Cart:0) - 903 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Oz Winter
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Marc-Antoine B683

Thankful that other than planned weekend staffing calls, I haven't gotten any calls related to covering the hospital. I told one leader in one way it's great to see what our nursing team has learned to handle, but on the other hand, very sad that this was something they needed to be used to. Over the weekend we hit a record census ever for the hospital and yesterday the most COVID patients ever. Almost half of our patients at this point. But we still look with hope that the worst will be this week or next week and then should slowly get better with the vaccine and lack of major holidays.

We went into reduced purple tier yesterday supposedly, recinding the stay-at-home order...something about a few weeks of just eeking by on the health status.

2021 shave #16 (DE:6 SE:8 Str:2 Cart:0) - 907 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Rockwell synth
Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Missoni

Hey! Let’s kick this pig and make today better than yesterday! After I got up, I did a 30min workout. Which sucked. But just because I’m still getting the body used to moving in directions other than sitting and walking. Hopefully in a few more weeks it will just be tough instead of an ordeal. Came upstairs to the smell of coffee @MrsNurseDave had ready and noticed the house was warmer than usual and there was no dew on the deck. Man it’s nice out! Has to be in the 60s. Made my breakfast and ate it out on the deck with the cats while listening to the daily hospital call. The hospital is in more hopeful shape than it was yesterday. I won’t get into the inside baseball of it all, but for a few weeks now every day is just making it through to the next day. I got a few calls in the middle of the night, but as of 8am I’m off call!

Yesterday we had an appointment with the peds neurologist where my daughter was diagnosed with epilepsy. Wasn’t a surprise with what’s been happening, but I do feel bad for her having what can be another stigma tied to her. Especially at an age where people her age might not be the most understanding. She seems to be dealing with it as good as anyone and is excited to order a pretty medical alert bracelet. So just gotta grab on her positive energy and support her.

In a few weeks, you're cardio will be noticeably improved, Dave. Congrats on getting going... even the longest journey starts with the first step.

In a few weeks, you're cardio will be noticeably improved, Dave. Congrats on getting going... even the longest journey starts with the first step.
There was a poster in the gym I went to xx years ago that said something to the point of - I’ve already proven myself by showing up. The rest is how much I’ll let pain hold me back. I always like that.

my daughter was diagnosed with epilepsy.
Our son was diagnosed with epilepsy while in grade school. His ped neurologist told us about "1/3" outgrow it in their teens. That's exactly what happened. Different meds were used over the years, but gabapentin was pretty constant. He'll be 29 this year, and hasn't seized in about 15 years - and he's off meds. It's scary, but you'll all learn to live with it.

Hopefully now that you’ve got some additional answers, there can be further improvements to quality of life for the family!

Our son was diagnosed with epilepsy while in grade school. His ped neurologist told us about "1/3" outgrow it in their teens. That's exactly what happened. Different meds were used over the years, but gabapentin was pretty constant. He'll be 29 this year, and hasn't seized in about 15 years - and he's off meds. It's scary, but you'll all learn to live with it.
I know that’s the hope, the growing out of it. It’s one of those things you hope she does what’s safe for her even though she feels it’s been a long time since the last seizure.

My niece had the same experience and is doing excellent. Started at 11 or so and is doing great at 19, including being the starting varsity soccer goalkeeper starting in eighth grade. Thinking good thoughts for positive outcomes!

Sunday:

2021 shave #17 (DE:6 SE:8 Str:3 Cart:0) - 908 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (5)
Rockwell synth
A&E Vanille de Tacac
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Midnight Embers

2021 shave #18 (DE:6 SE:8 Str:4 Cart:0) - 909 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (6)
Maggard synth
Declaration Grooming Colonia Balsamica
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Le Labo The Noir

Yesterday's straight shave went well, today I got a sweeper on the cheek. But I figure I shouldn't go too long without one or it'll be even worse. Weekend was pretty good. Got in one workout and was lazy on Sunday and traded it for an awesome greek breakfast burrito with gyro meat, feta, onions, peppers, tomatoes, and eggs. I sure do enjoy breakfast. Maybe because I can actually cook eggs.

Back