The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2021 shave #21 (DE:8 SE:8 Str:5 Cart:0) - 912 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (2)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Strop Shoppe Black Tie
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Ooops, I've been using talc on the somewhat regular but forgot to add it to my listing. The 2nd shave on this blade was MUCH better than the first. And I went back to thinking about pressure again. Of course, I feel and smell like heaven.

Because of the actual holidays, that chunk of time I took off only actually required 4 days of PTO, so I'm back to having to take a day every other week to only slowly creep up on maxing it out again. That means this Friday off!

Dave walking out of the office this afternoon.. :cool:

giphy.gif

2021 shave #22 (DE:8 SE:8 Str:6 Cart:0) - 913 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard
Stirling synth
TOBS Grapefruit
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon’s Bayolea

Forgot to post my shave. Been an interesting day. Day off so hot breakfast, good coffee and late shower and shave. Decent shave from the SS.
Our organization is working with the city and county it open 3 mass vaccination sites in SF. My boss reached out today because my name came up to be the clinical lead for the biggest one which will be at the Giants stadium. I’d jump at that except classes start again next week. It’s a 12h/7d a week job that will have to be shared between 2-3 people. I told her I’d do it if I could do 3 12h shifts and they find others to do the rest. We’ll see. I’m betting they will not want someone with a restrictive schedule.

Then, one of the whisky tubers I watch sells samples of the bottles he tests and lives not too far away. I ended up going to his home and having a nice chat in his doorway for a while. It was fun to meet him and his wife and talk away about whisky and wine.

Cool you could connect personally with the Tube personality! Did you get some good tips on tasting?

My boss reached out today because my name came up to be the clinical lead for the biggest one which will be at the Giants stadium.
Will everyone get to the run the bases and then receive their vaccine as they pull a Pete Rose style slide headfirst into home? If that’s not part of the program, you should suggest it!

Cool you could connect personally with the Tube personality! Did you get some good tips on tasting?
When he found out @MrsNurseDave doesn’t like whisky he ran to his stash and poured a sample of Aburlour 18 for her. He said she should take a big drink of water so her mouth is wet inside and then take a sip. Then the whisky will quickly dilute in the water left in the mouth and reduce or eliminate the alcohol burn.

2021 shave #23 (DE:9 SE:8 Str:6 Cart:0) - 914 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (3)
Stirling synth
Storybook Soapworks Hook
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Hook AS
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Wife: What’s that you’re wearing today?
Me: It’s Hook aftershave with Tuscan Leather on top. Leather and leather :D
Wife: Oh, it smells kind of feminine.