The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #374 (DE:129 SE:102 Str:142 Cart:0) - 876 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Wolf Whiskers
Oz Winter
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Yardley Equity talc
Zoologist Beaver

Decided not to temp Murphy again and use the Fisher-Price My first Razor 6S. Anyone should be able to get BBS with this and no irritation. And it did what it was supposed to do. Also decided to delve into my stash of scent samples. I hate it when I sort through them and they've sat long enough to totally evaporate. I couldn't remember at all what scent each of the Zoologist ones was like, but Beaver sounded wintery. It's actually sweeter and much less offensive than I was assuming.

2020 shave #375 (DE:130 SE:102 Str:142 Cart:0) - 877 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
The red Paladin
Paladin Natchez Trace
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan

2 in a row with no blood! And TGIF for sure. My daughter is still going through some major stuff. Outwardly she seems okay and then a comment out of the blue makes it apparent her mind is dealing with a great weight. Just trying to be there to be an ear.

Good job Dave, on both fronts! You’ve given her all the resources you could...presence, a listening ear, and love are about all that’s left that’s within your ability.

Zoologist ones was like, but Beaver sounded wintery. It's actually sweeter and much less offensive than I was assuming.
I asked myself and the guys at work "What should a cologne named Beaver smell like?"
If any of you want to know the answers, you'll have to PM me. ;)
That would be an awesome "Ice Breaker" statement to make on a first date. "Do you like my cologne? It's called Beaver" :whistle:
Fluffy

Dave, had to go back a bit to see what was going on. This is a rough world right now and it isn't forgiving in the least. Top that off with all those other things that are going on and things are just downright tough. I know you will move heaven and earth for your daughter...not knowing what to do to help can be scary. But she knows that you are there for her.

I'll keep her and you in my prayers.

Sunday:

2020 shave #377 (DE:131 SE:102 Str:143 Cart:0) - 879 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (5)
SV 2.0
Talbot Shaving Marlogue Wood
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Talbot Shaving Marlogue Wood AS

2020 shave #378 (DE:132 SE:102 Str:143 Cart:0) - 880 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Maggard synth
The Club Oriental Oud
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Took two days off the SS to avoid Murphy. Thought I did okay until comments from my family about the state of my red neck told me otherwise. I knew I had some stinging, but I guess it looked pretty rough. So back to the 6S for a round of three Wizamet shaves.

Working all four days this week. Kinda sucks, but I don't get to ditch out around the holiday like days in the past. On Christmas Eve it will just be me and one of the data folks here. So I'll have to play the game of how early I can leave with minimal chances of anything important happening. My parents are doing presents with my sister and her family on Christmas Eve and the all the families will be waiting until I get home to do a zoom call or something so we can watch. Very 2020.

2020 shave #379 (DE:133 SE:102 Str:143 Cart:0) - 881 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Stirling synth
Stirling Christmas Eve
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Stirling Evergreen Forest AS
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache

I likely could use this soap for the rest of the week. Tis the season! Evergreen Forest is different enough from Christmas Eve to shake things up and still stay awesome smelling.

Back