The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Depression is a serious thing and one i know all too well. Have been to the Mental Hospital several times over the years and have actually put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger not once but TWICE, first time i shot myself in the chin requiring some stiches second time the gun jammed (thankfully). Really the best "medicine" is to help her find something she enjoys doing that is constructive: perhaps getting outside for nature walks, bike ride, trail hike, you name it but fresh air and family support can do wonders to ones mental health. Its gotta be really tough being a part of the younger generation these days with all the social media and crap that we didnt have to deal with as kids. I will keep y'all in my thoughts/prayers and really hope she can look past these troubles and live a strong healthy life and be a better person because of it.

2020 shave #365 (DE:124 SE:100 Str:140 Cart:0) - 867 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (3)
Razorock synth
Sudsy Soapery Citrus and Bay
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Sartorial
Marc-Antoine B683

Maybe need one more day of recovery before going back to the SS. Oh well, no pain no....well no pain would be nice, but it was just a little alum sting. The Sartorial was a bit on the incense side for me and needed a few warm notes added to it so I blended my own scent on my skin.

The hospital be poppin'. We're setting new records for COVID patients in the hospital and they are about 25% of our census. The ED is backing up because there are no rooms to admit to, so they opened their expansion tent outside. We're back to canceling non-urgent surgeries for people that will need a hospital bed afterward. And yet I still see people posting all over the place about mask don't work and they aren't going to get the vaccine. I still wish my wife was onboard with moving to Tahiti.

2020 shave #365 (DE:124 SE:100 Str:140 Cart:0) - 867 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (3)
Razorock synth
Sudsy Soapery Citrus and Bay
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Sartorial
Marc-Antoine B683

Maybe need one more day of recovery before going back to the SS. Oh well, no pain no....well no pain would be nice, but it was just a little alum sting. The Sartorial was a bit on the incense side for me and needed a few warm notes added to it so I blended my own scent on my skin.

The hospital be poppin'. We're setting new records for COVID patients in the hospital and they are about 25% of our census. The ED is backing up because there are no rooms to admit to, so they opened their expansion tent outside. We're back to canceling non-urgent surgeries for people that will need a hospital bed afterward. And yet I still see people posting all over the place about mask don't work and they aren't going to get the vaccine. I still wish my wife was onboard with moving to Tahiti.
Ruh-roh! Sounds like you may be hitting that zone shutdown marker pretty soon!

2020 shave #366 (DE:124 SE:101 Str:140 Cart:0) - 868 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Kai Pink (6)
Graydog Quilt
Siliski Soaps Frankincense + Myrrh
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Berceuse Allegretto 7.2 EdP

I forgot where I heard about this perfume. It's a bit intense. I'm glad I can have all my meetings remotely today.

Listen to the stirring, sombre second movement of Beethoven’s 7th symphony and imagine how it might smell. Dark, sweeping, poignant: this is Allegretto 7.2.

A study in theme and variations, Allegretto 7.2 is built around Haitian vetiver that brightens and darkens as it develops, layering earthy scents, smoke, and lavender.

Allegretto 7.2’s notes recede and repeat rhythmically. A fresh mint top note poises in the air like a conductor’s baton, soon giving way to swirls of smoke, roots, and moist green leaves. Aromas of fresh-turned earth and wild vegetation join lavender and herbs at the heart. Then, as it falls from its crescendo, Allegretto settles on a warm base of cedarwood, vanilla, and benzoin. With its dynamic, seductive pulse, Allegretto is vetiver transcendent.

2020 shave #367 (DE:125 SE:101 Str:140 Cart:0) - 869 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Custom synth
A&E Cafe au Lat
Alum
Thayers Lemon
The Holy Black Cowboy Coffee splash

Dude, this was a "perfect" shave. I use quotes because there was no challenge because of the 6S, but the blade and everything was spot on. I think I had something off with the last Wizamet I used because one side was a little scratchy. This one is like the SR-71 through the sound barrier. RIP Chuck, you pioneer of speed! And this splash smells just- like - coffee. It's sooo good.

I would like a real haircut. It's been since February that I've had my neck properly trimmed.

Back