The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #371 (DE:128 SE:102 Str:140 Cart:0) - 873 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (5)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
A&E Vacanza Romana
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Hey great shave! Hey this is a nice soap! I smell great! Guess that's all that really matters.

Last edited:
Did 1 2020 shave go missing?
Ya. I used to check my numbers about once a month or so to make sure they added up. Always had errors a few times a year. This year I hadn't done it for about 6 months and found I was off one. I wasn't about to go back through that many to find it and fix them all.

How do you choose the rotation between the 4.. i mean 3?
No rhyme or reason. Usually a game-day decision. I use a DE when I'm short of time or need a mild shave, but I generally find it a boring shave. I use the Feather SS when I have the time and the correct mind-set and enjoy these shaves the most. And the SE the rest of the time. There are many times when my choice is also made by which razor has a blade in it with some uses left in it.

2020 shave #372 (DE:128 SE:102 Str:141 Cart:0) - 874 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (4)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Talbot's Governor's Island
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Missoni

Man, Old Man Murphy is catching up for lost time. Zapped the bottom of my earlobe today and got the styptic out for the 2nd time this year.

2020 shave #373 (DE:128 SE:102 Str:142 Cart:0) - 875 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (5)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Siliski Toasted Almond
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Le Labo The Noir

Back