The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #385 (DE:137 SE:102 Str:145 Cart:0) - 887 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (2)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Missoni

I feel like coming to my journal is like tuning into the nightly news and getting all the bad updates. We’re on day 3 of no heat. Someone is supposed to be coming this afternoon to figure it out.

I noticed some shaking in my daughter’s hand some days ago. In talking with her, this and a few other things have been going on for some time. First suggestion from her doctor is a not uncommon but mostly untreatable neurological issue that causes tremors. Good ole 2020.

In positive news so far there is no talk of shortening my time off. Not being rushed in the mornings and not having a ton of errands feels like a total luxury.

🔥Damn Dave sorry to hear of your troubles. When it rains it pours they say. Hopefully you can get some heat fixed before it really starts to get too cold, it's still pretty mild here in the Detroit Suburbs but seems like the weather can change at any minute like the snow we had for Christmas which was a nice surprise to see the look on the kids faces x-mas morning. Really hope things get better for you man

Tuesday:

2020 shave #386 (DE:138 SE:102 Str:145 Cart:0) - 888 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
PdP 63
Alum
Thayers Lemon

Wednesday:

2020 shave #387 (DE:139 SE:102 Str:145 Cart:0) - 889 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Paladin something or other
PdP 63
Alum
Thayers Lemon

2020 shave #388 (DE:140 SE:102 Str:145 Cart:0) - 890 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Stirling synth
PdP 63
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Le Labo Patchouli

That’s right, other than changing the brush, all 3 of my last shaves have been the same. Sticking with the 6S because Murphy seems to have camped out in the house.

Back