The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

tenor.gif

How could I forget TSC's favorite soap!

I thought you didn't like it so much though for some reason.

2020 shave #360 (DE:124 SE:98 Str:137 Cart:0) - 862 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Schick Proline (3)
Muhle Rocca
Strop Shoppe Alpine Frost
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary Talc
Penhaligon's Opus 1870

Well, well, well..... nothin. Just like saying that. I spend the day thinking about what I want to do when I get home and then I forget. Have some nice wine books that I haven't cracked and wanted to spend the evening in the recliner with a drink and a book. Totally forgot.

2020 shave #361 (DE:124 SE:99 Str:137 Cart:0) - 863 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Schick Proline (4)
Stirling synth
LNHC Barber Shop
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Gentlemen, I could use your thoughts/prayers. I'll tell you, being a nurse I've had people's lives in my hands and always been confident in what I was doing. Trying to help my daughter deal with the issues she's going through and depression, I feel totally lost. If you're the type, I could use your prayers for her and for wisdom for me.

Gentlemen, I could use your thoughts/prayers. I'll tell you, being a nurse I've had people's lives in my hands and always been confident in what I was doing. Trying to help my daughter deal with the issues she's going through and depression, I feel totally lost. If you're the type, I could use your prayers for her and for wisdom for me.
You got it brother. We’ll add you and family to our prayer list.

2020 shave #361 (DE:124 SE:99 Str:137 Cart:0) - 863 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Schick Proline (4)
Stirling synth
LNHC Barber Shop
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Sorry Dave. Absolutely, done and done! Here if you need to vent!

Hang in there Dave. This has been a tough year for most people. Teens have the extra issue with keeping things in context. For us a year is a smaller fraction of time. For them last school year and now this is FUBAR. Add social media to the mix. And it seems to them, that the world is upside down.
I always tried to tell my daughter stories about my youth. And how I viewed things then. To how I view them now. Also it you have any first hand knowledge of people she knows. Or can relate to. Overcoming adversity that may help.
Take it easy , Ken

Dave, I’m very sorry your daughter is going through this and it’s not easy to witness her go through it from your side. I’ve been trying to cope with depression for years and was hospitalized over the summer and I’m about to be discharged from an Intensive Outpatient Program tomorrow. Having the support of your family is huge, even if it doesn’t look that way from the outside. Finding care is a bit of pain in the butt right now as most offices, at least down here in Southern California, are only taking new Px over Skype or similar. I’d be happy to get more into detail from the depressed person’s side if your interested. Or if you just need to vent about it.

Dave, I’m very sorry your daughter is going through this and it’s not easy to witness her go through it from your side. I’ve been trying to cope with depression for years and was hospitalized over the summer and I’m about to be discharged from an Intensive Outpatient Program tomorrow. Having the support of your family is huge, even if it doesn’t look that way from the outside. Finding care is a bit of pain in the butt right now as most offices, at least down here in Southern California, are only taking new Px over Skype or similar. I’d be happy to get more into detail from the depressed person’s side if your interested. Or if you just need to vent about it.
Thanks man. She just started an intensive outpatient program last week. Friday was pretty tough as she came out about some trauma we didn’t know about. I hoping getting it out in the open is a turning point for her.

Opening up and discussing the traumas while getting feedback from the others in the groups really helps ya not feeling so alone in it. When I started processing everything it got very overwhelming at first, but pretty quickly afterwards it’ll start feeling like the weight on yer shoulders starts getting lighter and lighter. It’s not an easy process and I n own it’s been taxing on my family as well. My advice is if she starts opening up to you and your wife, just listen and don’t try to fix. It’ll be hard to not try to solve the issue, but the only way (at least for me) to make and headway was to be able to recognize what emotions/feelings I was experiencing and then figure out what was really causing it. Validation of her feelings and thoughts will likely help feel more empowered and confident while going through treatment. I hope she has a good group in IOP because that makes all the even “easier”. I’m here for any kind of support I can give. Please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Saturday:

2020 shave #362 (DE:124 SE:99 Str:138 Cart:0) - 864 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (1)
Stirling synth
P&B Spitfire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Bleu de Chanel AS balm
Bleu de Chanel

Sunday:

2020 shave #363 (DE:124 SE:99 Str:139 Cart:0) - 865 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (2)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
The Holy Black This is Christmas
Alum
Thayers Lemon
West Coast Shaving #14 Sequoia AS
Imaginary Authors Cape Heartache

2020 shave #364 (DE:124 SE:100 Str:139 Cart:0) - 866 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Kai Pink (5)
Sorrentino Oregon State
The Holy Black Autumnal
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Mark Buston Nameless

Well, yesterday's shave went off the rails. I can't even remember the last time I got a weeper and I had three, THREE places that I needed to use the styptic even after the alum. One on my neck I knew I caught the edge and didn't luck out. The other two were surprises to me. I don't like pink lather. So today I took a step back from the SS to make sure I didn't aggravate things more. I had some tingling/burning today and didn't know if it was leftover stuff from yesterday or this new soap. I'm afraid it's probably spices in the soap so I limited things to a 2-pass shave today.

Thank you for the prayers and thoughts on Friday. I feel things are going as well as they can and just hope that the feeling continues. My daughter was able to talk about things she's been holding on to for far too long and that was a huge step. I stayed home from work Friday just to be around. Just keep moving forward and try to concentrate on the good.

Last edited:
Back