The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #350 (DE:121 SE:93 Str:135 Cart:0) - 852 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (2)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Eleven Apollo
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

The weekend couldn't have gone any better. No work calls other than the normal morning check-in. Helps when we have an experienced house supervisor on. Got some more lights up outside so we're good-looking. Not to our normal standard, but we're doing what we can. Have Thanksgiving planned out. We decided to have the traditional meal whether the kids want to or not. My wife said we should go with the whole turkey since I really enjoy it and we only have it once a year. Started planning down that road and all the steps we need to take. Long story short we found a pre-cooked herb-roasted turkey breast from Trader Joe's we'll be trying this year.

2020 shave #352 (DE:121 SE:95 Str:135 Cart:0) - 854 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (4)
Graydog Quilt
T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness
Alum
Thayers Lemon
T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness AS

I'm jonesing for a Feather SS shave but I'm dragging. Calls from the hospital in the middle of the night last two nights. Last night I was up for a few hours because I don't fall back to sleep that easy. So I just grabbed the razor with a blade in it.

Gotta just make it a few more days. Finished one class last night. Two more will be done next Tuesday. And the last whenever I take the final. Then no more school or on-call until next year and I have a week off after Christmas!

Nice! We are going to try deep frying a Turkey this time around.
You know I like you...so may I simply pass on a little advice...it’s the equivalent of kicking over a massive can of napalm throwing even a partially frozen turkey in a deep fryer....find you an EXPERIENCED chef Sir...please. Every year there are many an individual that end up in the emergency ward with burns due to cooking that bird....fact.

You know I like you...so may I simply pass on a little advice...it’s the equivalent of kicking over a massive can of napalm throwing even a partially frozen turkey in a deep fryer....find you an EXPERIENCED chef Sir...please. Every year there are many an individual that end up in the emergency ward with burns due to cooking that bird....fact.
I was told we are now going a different direction. I’m always the last to know.

Thursday:

2020 shave #353 (DE:121 SE:95 Str:136 Cart:0) - 855 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (6)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Talbot Winter's Refraction
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Talbot Winter's Refraction AS

Back