The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #245 (DE:87 SE:65 Str:91 Cart:0) - 749 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (2)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Central Texas Soaps Mr Pepper
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Central Texas Soaps Mr Pepper AS

Feeling bad for the OREM because people keep mistaking the Vector is better *cough* @Patelliott *cough*. Got just a lovely shave this morning. Until I forgot the Mr Pepper AS has menthol in it and started getting that burn.

I keep forgetting to bring more coffee to work :(

I love my OREN and the shave shave was slightly less as good as the Vector. Which is pretty good for a razor that cost me less than a quarter of what I paid for the Vector! Maybe I need to try a different blade in it.

I love my OREN and the shave shave was slightly less as good as the Vector. Which is pretty good for a razor that cost me less than a quarter of what I paid for the Vector! Maybe I need to try a different blade in it.
Nah, just messing with ya. Everyone else seems to side with the Vector. I like the uniqueness of the OREN and to me the shaves are at least equal.

Nah, just messing with ya. Everyone else seems to side with the Vector. I like the uniqueness of the OREN and to me the shaves are at least equal.
Don't mind him Pat.............................He only shaves 1/2 of his face 🤪

2020 shave #246 (DE:87 SE:65 Str:92 Cart:0) - 750 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (5)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
Strop Shoppe Austin
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Yardley Equity talc
Dior Sauvage

I dunno, WMRK is supposed to be playing bass focused music this morning and I'm getting a lot of keyboard and piano. Must be a new guy running the boards over there.

Straight forward and beautiful shave. Been nailing the neck recently with the SS so that's been enjoyable.

Had some orientation calls for my school this week. One for my daughter's school tonight. Then it all comes to a head next week. Got an email from the wine school I attended yesterday with some interesting short course offerings from home. I had some gift card money left over from my certification and signed my wife and myself up for a class about new Napa AVAs in September. It's zoom based, but you go pick-up your wine samples at the school. Should be fun.

I dunno, WMRK is supposed to be playing bass focused music this morning and I'm getting a lot of keyboard and piano. Must be a new guy running the boards over there.
Ironic as it may seem, I find most "solo bass" music boring. I'd rather listen to a great ensemble composition, written by a bassist than some guy slapping, popping and plucking for five minutes. ;)

Ironic as it may seem, I find most "solo bass" music boring. I'd rather listen to a great ensemble composition, written by a bassist than some guy slapping, popping and plucking for five minutes.
Same here. Like a drum solo, a little goes a long way.
Straight forward and beautiful shave. Been nailing the neck recently with the SS so that's been enjoyable.
Nice!

Ugh...orientations!

Sounds like a fun class Dave! Shame it couldn’t have been a whiskey one...

2020 shave #247 (DE:87 SE:66 Str:92 Cart:0) - 751 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (3)
Graydog Quilt
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's English Fern talc
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes

Who has two thumbs and got a great shave? Well, probably most of the cadre, but me too! As Gear pointed out it's going to be a hot one this weekend. And unlike the usual fashion, it's supposed to be hot at our house too instead of just over in the land of the non chip eaters. So I figured a nice citrus would be a good call for the day.

Other than feeling like I don't want to move at all, this weekend should be alright. A trip tomorrow up to what the guy on the phone said is "the best whisky store in the US and maybe the western hemisphere". Then a whisky zoom call in the evening. Cadre zoom on Sunday with some early school reading thrown into the mix.

Look here Turned-Pepper-Challenge-Into-An-Oreo-Challenge guy... 😜
Other than feeling like I don't want to move at all
Yea the AC is pumpin hard to keep up today! At least you have the chance of nice breezes over there...it’s almost totally dead air out here 😵

Oh ya, I shaved this morning. Another hot day

2020 shave #248 (DE:88 SE:66 Str:92 Cart:0) - 752 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Maggard synth
TOBS Grapefruit
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's English Fern talc
Tommy Bahama St Kitts

Back