The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

@Dave in KY I'm not 100% sure if Razor Master is being made anymore, long story full of deceit and intrigue.

But Nordic Shaving is made by the same guy, I'll check our local group to see if any of the scents is similar to Toivo.

@NurseDave, Morocco was straight up campfire smoke, it was close to what I think we both thought that Morning Coffee would be.

Edit: I heard back @Dave in KY, this is the one you want - NSC parranajosaippua terva 80g

Last edited:
I was wondering what that "Wet Dog" that fell into an ash pile smell was, Glad you figured it our @Dave in KY I was about call my "friend" at the Forest Service to check it out.. and BTW @NurseDave don't forget I mentioned the Merlot/Cab scents as well. Oki Doke Smokey? ( see what I did there. Be here all week. Tip your waitresses )
I like a good campfire scent. WCS nailed it for me but the performance of the soap is terrible. Stirling Texas on Fire does it for me. But ever time Dave uses this one I wonder if I need it...........

@Majorrich @BarberDave and anyone else, suggestions for a mustache wax that doesn’t look plastered on?
If your want good hold Firehouse Wacky tacky no shiny but good hold, but really made for Handlebars, but they have varied ones also Bossman as well especially if you are training the lip ferret

Edit: Well except for Chad.... no help there at all ever

I claim ignorance to such things: why a pipette to add water to whiskey?
Some whiskies that have oil soluble compounds change a little or a lot with a little water added to them. Also sometimes those with a high alcohol % are better to folks when the alcohol is lowered.

Back