The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

What is your concentration of study, Dave (mine was informatics)?

I was looking for some preroasted coffee to start using with the intent of going basic and inexpensive. I fell victim to an email timed perfectly and ordered a couple of blends made for Michelin star places.
Those tire store emails will get you every time. Go with the radials, I say.

Last edited:
He thought he read Michelin start but this arrived in the mail....

michelin-man-mascot-873-p[ekm]870x1000[ekm].jpg

We’ve been getting that nice grey weather the last couple mornings too...sadly it all burns off by noon. Wish it would stick around longer!

2020 shave #239 (DE:86 SE:62 Str:89 Cart:0) - 744 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Graydog Education History
T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness AS

Per Cole @HMan, because he's a smart feller, I left my tub of this soap open for two days in attempt to remove some of that funk smell. It worked to an extent. It wasn't as intense as it was the first time, but I'd day coffee still doesn't jump out at you. Neither does the wood. It's similar to the coffee notes from A&E. The aftershave this time seemed to do much better with the same coffee notes, but then fresh wood punching through on the dry down. Of course, it didn't stick around too long. Okay, I need to find a nice fresh wood scent to wear. I have the pine, now I need a cedar wood.

Started the day before the weekend just right. Fresh coffee and breakfast burrito. A little scotch YouTube then get to work. I'm covering for the COO to be on call this weekend, but things seem pretty steady so shouldn't be too bad. Just tell Ben to stay away.

Hey it was worth a try. It got rid of that awful ashtray note for me, that was the main thing.

I think that coffee is one of those scents that doesn't really come off well in fragrances. I actually did get a little coffee last use, but it blends so well into the background that it's hard to pick out. I'm using PMdP Woody Perfecto, which is also a coffee scent and same deal, it's there, darkening the surroundings but not standing out.

It and Cedar Woodpecker are great scents. Comme des Garcons Wonderwood or Wonderoud really give that pencil shaving type cedar. Those are some I know of anyway.

2020 shave #239 (DE:86 SE:62 Str:89 Cart:0) - 744 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Graydog Education History
T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness
Alum
Thayers Lemon
T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness AS

Per Cole @HMan, because he's a smart feller, I left my tub of this soap open for two days in attempt to remove some of that funk smell. It worked to an extent. It wasn't as intense as it was the first time, but I'd day coffee still doesn't jump out at you. Neither does the wood. It's similar to the coffee notes from A&E. The aftershave this time seemed to do much better with the same coffee notes, but then fresh wood punching through on the dry down. Of course, it didn't stick around too long. Okay, I need to find a nice fresh wood scent to wear. I have the pine, now I need a cedar wood.

Started the day before the weekend just right. Fresh coffee and breakfast burrito. A little scotch YouTube then get to work. I'm covering for the COO to be on call this weekend, but things seem pretty steady so shouldn't be too bad. Just tell Ben to stay away.
Sounds like the right way to start a morning. It's been forever since I had a breakfast burrito, I need one tomorrow.

Have a great day!

Bedtime shave:

2020 shave #240 (DE:87 SE:62 Str:89 Cart:0) - 744 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Paladin Honey Noir
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon’s English Fern talc
Penhaligon’s English Fern

2020 shave #241 (DE:87 SE:62 Str:90 Cart:0) - 745 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (3)
Stirling synth
Stirling Hipster
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Stiriling Hipster AS
Yardley Equity talc

Happy Saturday kids! A BBS on top of a BBS? Yes please. There was a little to remove, but I should be nice and smooth all day. One work call in the morning and then should be a day filled with errands which is fine. Gets us out of the house right? Either Sat or Sun will also involve a scotch purchase and the new fountain pens should be showing up today.

Lookin forward to seeing the new acquisitions! Still getting some good use out of the Pilot VP?

Hope it’s a quiet Sat for ya!

Can't wait to see what you got. I have been thinking about getting another pen, but just haven't done it yet.

Back