The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Doc was a hoot and straight forward, no contacts for me. Just have to deal with two pairs of glasses.

It's probably easier that way, other than the fogging thing. There's a reason I don't wear contacts now.

2020 shave #232 (DE:83 SE:61 Str:86 Cart:0) - 737 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Graydog Education History
The Holy Black Oatmeal Cookie
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Mark Buxton Nameless

Been waiting for these blades to show up for three months! Had to take em for a spin right away. Boom! As a first shave on a blade these are better than Feathers. With Feather I need a good half a pass until they settled down into their awesomeness. Wizamet is a winner right out of the gate. The other test will be how good of a BBS they give on the 3rd shave.

Heading to the eye doctor this morning to figure out the same issue as @BarberDave. Jeez, how’s that for something that makes you feel old?
OUCH, That hurt.... I think.... I cant remember.... or see the screen ROFL

It's probably easier that way, other than the fogging thing. There's a reason I don't wear contacts now.
The only reason I got them was the fogging., Something about Razor Sharp razors, shears clippers, blood, loss of ears and that sort of thing. When this is over , probably never wear them again LOL

Ooops. Forgot to log yesterday's shave. Sorry @global_dev to deny you content! ;)

2020 shave #233 (DE:84 SE:61 Str:86 Cart:0) - 738 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (2)
Graydog Quilt
T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness
Alum
Thayers Lemon
T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness AS

2020 shave #234 (DE:84 SE:61 Str:87 Cart:0) - 739 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kia Pink (6)
Maggard synth
Strop Shoppe Peche
Alum
Thayers Lemon
TBD Tom Ford sample scent

Nice morning so far. Coffee of the deck. Bacon and eggs for breakfast. Nice SS shave while watching a interview with a couple of titans of the scotch world. Now to look over those last chance Tom Ford scents and see if I need some. Then taking the oldest for a driving lesson in a parking lot. Another side effect of COVID, she can't schedule an appointment at the DMV to take her written test for her permit.

Ooops. Forgot to log yesterday's shave. Sorry @global_dev to deny you content! ;)

just trying to get up to speed :geek:

2020 shave #233 (DE:84 SE:61 Str:86 Cart:0) - 738 days of consecutive shaving
T+S Morning Coffee in the Canadian Wilderness

So many soap scents to try and i already have a ton, whats "morning coffee in canadian wilderness" scent? is that like scotch coffee bev?

and whats nivea 2:1?

2020 shave #234 (DE:84 SE:61 Str:87 Cart:0) - 739 days of consecutive shaving

i've never heard of that proraso talc, i had to set aside the pinaud talc, i was getting sick of the scent, and gold bond with menthol is too specialized.

2020 shave #235 (DE:85 SE:61 Str:87 Cart:0) - 740 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Stirling synth
Storybook Soapworks Elysium
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Elysium AS

Back to the mines. Have the usual morning call and then 2 interviews then I get to drive about 45min to pee into a cup for school because of the Rona the 1 place anywhere close to me doesn't do drug screening now. At least I'll be outta of office early!

2020 shave #235 (DE:85 SE:61 Str:87 Cart:0) - 740 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (3)
Stirling synth
Storybook Soapworks Elysium
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Elysium AS

Back to the mines. Have the usual morning call and then 2 interviews then I get to drive about 45min to pee into a cup for school because of the Rona the 1 place anywhere close to me doesn't do drug screening now. At least I'll be outta of office early!
Good luck on your test!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back