The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

RE: APA
Don't trust what MSWord generates for your APA references unless your Profs specifically say it is okay to use it. Marks will be deducted as it does not 100% match current (ever-changing) APA. Having just finished post-secondary (again) last year, trust me on this one.
Shoot me now. I HATE writing papers. The first time through college I'd look at the syllabus to see how many papers had to be written and choose my classes based on that.

APA mark-ups:
"This should have a period, not a comma"
"We do not use double-spacing anymore"
"Italics, not underlining"
"The referenced website is also physically published and you should use that reference instead"
"Use REFERENCES rather than BIBLIOGRAPHY"

blah blah blah ... insert Charlie Brown's teacher voice for someone young enough to be your kid. :rolleyes:

I forgot to add that I found a new podcast and youtube channel. WhiskyCast. Love it. Very long form with actual industry news and interviews as well as tastings. And they have actual commercials for whiskey. It's fun hearing one for @BarberDave's baby.

Well @MarkB seems to be late for his shift on the boards this morning so I had to set my own music to journal by. Hope the back is okay Mark! We're listening to the Spotify playlist Rainy Day as my office is dark because of thick bay fog this morning.
Sorry brother.. Had to take my better half to a medical procedure this morning.

2020 shave #231 (DE:82 SE:61 Str:86 Cart:0) - 736 days of consecutive shaving
Merkur 38c w/ Feather (3)
Copper boar
A&E Oriental Oud
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Office is filled with the funky sounds of WMRK this morning and the lovely smell of Oud Minerale. Went back to the Merkur for simplicity sake.

Things will be a little busier at work for a while. We've had 4 positions open since January and 3 are posted and we have candidates to interview. It's going to be tough to maintain interest through all those interviews when it's usually apparent within 5min if you're going to hire that person or not. Also have my ophthalmology appointment tomorrow morning. We'll see if contacts are an option for me. In more fun news I have a 10% coupon for Total Wine what I need to use. I told Barber Dave last night I was planning on waiting until I emptied a bottle before buying a new one. I can see that likely won't happen. My lowest bottle is the Laugavulin and at $75 I think I need to save what's left. Probably should pick a cheaper one for zoom call nights from now on.

alcohol-gif.gif

Good problems to have Dave!

Just don’t fall asleep in the interviews :ROFLMAO: Are they in-person or Zoom?

Dude. Just drink the wine and order another bottle. It’s not like you have to find a way to use up 4 ounces of soap or splash on the last 2 ounces of some powerful aftershave. Just pour a glass and drink it. Draw it out over an entire shift if you feel guilty about drinking it all at once.

2020 shave #232 (DE:83 SE:61 Str:86 Cart:0) - 737 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Wizamet (1)
Graydog Education History
The Holy Black Oatmeal Cookie
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Mark Buxton Nameless

Been waiting for these blades to show up for three months! Had to take em for a spin right away. Boom! As a first shave on a blade these are better than Feathers. With Feather I need a good half a pass until they settled down into their awesomeness. Wizamet is a winner right out of the gate. The other test will be how good of a BBS they give on the 3rd shave.

Heading to the eye doctor this morning to figure out the same issue as @BarberDave. Jeez, how’s that for something that makes you feel old?

Back