The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #228 (DE:79 SE:61 Str:86 Cart:0) - 733 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Kai Pink (2)
RazoRock synth
The Club Vacanza Roma
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Opus

@(*$#&@(Out of bed in the dark!(@*!!Back to work@()$@)*$$Draggin' this morning@()$()@*$!Have to wear pants@!()#*!(*#I love Penhaligon's Opus

2020 shave #228 (DE:79 SE:61 Str:86 Cart:0) - 733 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Kai Pink (2)
RazoRock synth
The Club Vacanza Roma
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's Opus

Golly, garsh and gee-willackers, It is time to get out of bed even though it still do be dark outside. Oh, fiddlesticks, I must return anon to my place of gainful employment on this joyous morning of mornings. For some reason, I am laggard this morning, 'though not from lack of focus nor good intent. Before departing for the office, I must suitable attire myself. This probably a good morning to read some Opus comics and amuse myself at the intellectual adventures of Bill the Cat.
1595899883161.png

FTFY to make it more @bentheduck appropriate

2020 shave #229 (DE:80 SE:61 Str:86 Cart:0) - 734 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
TSC Legacy
CBL Barber's Chair
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Yardley Equity talc
Dior Sauvage

I was supposed to have a better morning today! Woke up at 2am for reasons. Then at 3am with cat puking reasons. And that was the end of sleep for ole Dave. Plucking away at pre-school stuff. We were supposed to have in-person class one afternoon a week but it's all remote now. Which is totally cool with me. Not only will I not died from having to sit in a room with a bunch of virus bags for hours, but the campus is on the other side of the bay and will take an hour each way. Now, I need someone to get me another cup of coffee...

Good point, the White Walker with The Vanilla Orchid and Eucris makes for a Boozy Flower morning LOL, A pipe that early in the moring also lends to a nice Brenda Vicarra voice as well:p

Well, WMRK doesn't seem to be on the air yet so I'll order me up a breakfast burrito and be back.

2020 shave #230 (DE:81 SE:61 Str:86 Cart:0) - 735 days of consecutive shaving
Merkur 38c w/ Feather (2)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
TOBS Grapefruit
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Yardley Equity talc
Tommy Bahama St Kitts

Well @MarkB seems to be late for his shift on the boards this morning so I had to set my own music to journal by. Hope the back is okay Mark! We're listening to the Spotify playlist Rainy Day as my office is dark because of thick bay fog this morning.

I don't know the last time I used the Merkur. It could be years. This was my 2nd razor ever and I know I have the mindset that it can't stand up to the more expensive ones. It was a lot heavier than I remember and did a great job. And I must of been on the same tropical vibe as Dave and set myself adrift with grapefruit and St Kitts.

Things are looking up today. Got a decent amount of sleep. Despite being a bit behind in my self mandated schedule I took time to talc it up. Have my breakfast burrito and coffee. Shoes are off, door is shut. Going to learn about APA format paper writing and listen to music until my budget phone call. Now...if anyone sees Mark, tell him I need to see him in my office...

RE: APA
Don't trust what MSWord generates for your APA references unless your Profs specifically say it is okay to use it. Marks will be deducted as it does not 100% match current (ever-changing) APA. Having just finished post-secondary (again) last year, trust me on this one.

Back