The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #225 (DE:79 SE:59 Str:85 Cart:0) - 730 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (4)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Southern Witchcrafts Necromantic
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Ahhhhhh Cadre Friday. Lovely morning so far. Was a bit chilly so I started off on the couch watching a documentary about bourbon. Made some coffee and headed down to the den with a cuppa. Started my way through the traveler sample pack of Marvis toothpaste with Cinnamon Mint. This one is a hit if you like cinnamon. I’d definitely buy this one over their standard mint.

Shave started with one of the two soap samples @Spider sent me to try that may smell like wine. I didn’t look at the scent notes until just now. I used it only thinking of wine. In terms of that it’s like many wine scented products in that it has the scent of grapes with a sweet note that I assume is an attempt to add the fermentation to it. Now seeing the other scent notes it’s likely the floral and honey. But again, instead of red wine it’s grapes. From the website - Scent notes: Rose, wisteria, honey, red wine, dirt, ozone

Rest of the Shave was good. Even chased the wet BBS with clean up by the 6S. Took the time for some talc and over spray of scent.

Then some hot breakfast and now the sun is out and the cats and I are out on the deck. Need to get some grocery shopping done today and register for my classes. I’m a bit, ok a lot worried about this first term. Because my bachelor’s degree isn’t in nursing, I have to take 4 classes instead of 3. Luckily my boss is very supportive and won’t have a problem with me working on class work during the day and has encouraged use of PTO when school deadlines are closing in. I might go shopping for note taking and organizing supplies this weekend. I asked in a fountain pen group for suggestions and learned about “disk” systems. Likely that’s the way I’ll go.

Cool that your boss is being supportive of your continuing education! A bit strange that you have to take the extra class though...I’d have figured with your experience there would be a way to challenge it?

Cool that your boss is being supportive of your continuing education! A bit strange that you have to take the extra class though...I’d have figured with your experience there would be a way to challenge it?
I imagine it it were a different class, but it's community nursing and I never did any of that.

2020 shave #226 (DE:79 SE:60 Str:85 Cart:0) - 731 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector / Kai Pink (1)
Graydog Education History
Chiseled Face Pine Tar
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Prorasso Mint and Rosemary talc
Louis Vuitton Ombré Nomade

Hey, any of you guys heard about this razor? I haven’t used it for a little while. It’s pretty decent.

Spent a few hours yesterday registering for classes and other things I need to get ready for school. Have to take a drug test and the closest place is in SF so that will be a pain. Today has been some errands with breakfast out on the porch and now a pipe. Trying not to think about work on Monday.

Back