The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Saturday’s shave

2020 shave #188 (DE:68 SE:47 Str:71 Cart:0) - 695 days of consecutive shaving
The Holy Black SR-71 w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
CBL Patchouli Orange & Leather
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Yardley Equity talc
Dior Sauvage

2020 shave #189 (DE:68 SE:47 Str:72 Cart:0) - 697 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (4)
OZ purple
Talbot Winter’s Refraction
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Talbot Winter’s Refraction AS
Yardley Equity talc

2020 shave #189 (DE:68 SE:47 Str:72 Cart:0) - 697 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (4)
OZ purple
Talbot Winter’s Refraction
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Talbot Winter’s Refraction AS
Yardley Equity talc
Well, I guess it finally got there then

2020 shave #190 (DE:68 SE:47 Str:73 Cart:0) - 698 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (5)
Sorrentino Oregon State
Shaver Heaven The Lodge
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Yardley Equity talc
Imaginary Authors Memoirs of a Trespasser

Thanks @Dave in KY I'm alright. Some days I just don't feel like dealing with posting my shaves. But I'm old and if I don't I'll forget stuff. I'm sitting here in my dark office, just kind of ignoring Monday and the the WMRK Monday morning "Wake up or shut up" show comes on and forces me to deal with the day.

Starting to really get this SS dialed in. I paid extra close attention to the last strokes on the neck on each side as that's where the shave is made or not. I realized I'm not getting quite the same angle on the left side even though I'm using my right hand. To get there felt super unnatural, but that shows I haven't been doing what I should be to get the dolphins to scream every day. Whole dang neck is super smooth today with the extra care. Decided to pull out my samples from IA and use them up. I know I've worn some, but not all. This one is ok and they have claimed it to be one of their more popular, but very vanilla forward and sweet.

Spend the weekend getting more chairs for the deck and putting up those trendy bare bulb patio lights out there in preparation for having friends over. Well the weekend heat wave never hit us so we ended up inside for the evening anyway. It was nice getting together after hours of me wondering what proper protocol for these things is now. Luckily they are pretty chill too. So we just sat on opposite sides of the room and enjoyed the evening. Now, back to a full 5 day week. It just ain't right I tell ya!

I understand completely Dave. Been having some low periods myself but I just power through them deal with life as it rolls. Down in LaFollette Tennessee checking in with customers and it's still a mixed bag half are ready for me to come back and half are still holding out on opening up there inside service. We trudge on.....

It was nice hanging out with my mom for a little bit. As much as I hate people I kinda miss socializing. I really only get talk to my coworkers, random patients, and the same doctors and nurses. I'm glad you entertained safely.

2020 shave #191 (DE:69 SE:47 Str:73 Cart:0) - 699 days of consecutive shaving
FeatherAS-D2 w/ Feather (1)
Sorrentino Blonde Vixen
Storybook Soapworks West Egg
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Yardley Equity talc
Tommy Bahama St Kitts

Video posted with the definitive opinion on the AS-D2.

2020 shave #192 (DE:70 SE:47 Str:73 Cart:0) - 700 days of consecutive shaving
Feather AS-D2 w/ Feather (2)
RazoRock synth
Chiseled Face Cinnawood Boroka
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Chiseled Face Cinnawood Boroka AS

Shave #2 with the AS-D2. Again no blade feel at all. It's very weird. If not for the sound of hairs being cut I'm sure I'd be looking to see if there was a blade in there. Again, no problem with getting a BBS with it. Even chased a closer one this morning. Issue was the neck again. It got lit up with alum. Odd, because the shave itself felt smooth. Guess this will likely be headed to chickenlover Dave.

WMRK is taking us back to the days of the astronaut on MTV. Something more to it when we had to watch video after video hoping our favorite might pop up. Now they just loop it on YouTube. Lame. What's even lamer is I keep forgetting to bring in more coffee beans so I'm relegated to Keurig coffee. Before that I did the @Majorrich dog from every town method and combined the bean dregs from three different lots into one last cuppa. Not a success.

Back