The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Reading about the finer things about whiskey is so bizarre for me. I'm used to hearing, "I drank a bottle of Jameson and passed out an hour later." Your comments are a refreshing reminder that there's more to alcohol than getting trashed. Gracias, hermano.

I thought the same thing.

Instead of just being able to drink it, I liked drinking this one.

There's a Scotch bar in Baltimore I used to frequent. Of all the different Scotches I tried, only Laphroaig 30 YO could I say I actually liked. At $30 a glass, I checked out after one try, but I did like it. Peaty!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2020 shave #185 ( DE:66 SE:47 Str:70 Cart:0) - 693 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (4)
Stirling synth
Wilkinson Sword shave stick
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Yardley Equity talc
Marc-Antoine B683

Bedtime shave. This Yardley talc was a good blind buy. Super good and manly smelling.

2020 shave #186 ( DE:67 SE:47 Str:70 Cart:0) - 694 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho w/ Feather (3)
TSC 2nd anniversary
Grooming Dept Elan
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Yardley Equity talc
Missoni

Diggin' the funky grooves of WMRK this morning. Speaking of a groovy mix, I'm so diggin' this Equity talc. If you like Savauge or Bleu de Chanel, you'll like this. I love putting this on. Of course there wasn't a lot of hair to remove, but those that love the BBS know it's not about that you can see, but what you can feel. Have an enjoyable this morning kinda doing my thing and then 3 hrs with overlapping meetings to put the exclamation point on the week.

Had to make sure Dave made the Mothership connection this morning!!! :alien:

tumblr_mqtrt8tdjX1qedb29o1_500.gif

2020 shave #187 ( DE:67 SE:47 Str:71 Cart:0) - 695 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (4)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
CBL (name inappropriate for the Cadre)
Alum
Thayers Lemon
CBL secret splash

Video posted. Follow-up with the splash. It took a looong time to soak in and dry. My face does feel well hydrated and the scent is lingering nicely.

I always enjoy when you do the mixing of the dos e uno things.. mmmmmmmPOW! Great stuff Dave!

And Dave. I’ll work on punching up THAT note and figure out what to do with the soap to keep it from changing when I add it to the soap. The splash is a total work in progress so what you felt as sticky (glycerin) isn’t going to be a problem, there’s a little something special going on there and you were an unwitting test dummy used to confirm a concept ratio. Just to be clear...you don’t have any itching, burning, peeling, rash, odd blisters, unexplained ED or loss of vision. Totally random questions, nothing to do with the ionic compounds I didn’t send you.

And Dave. I’ll work on punching up THAT note and figure out what to do with the soap to keep it from changing when I add it to the soap. The splash is a total work in progress so what you felt as sticky (glycerin) isn’t going to be a problem, there’s a little something special going on there and you were an unwitting test dummy used to confirm a concept ratio. Just to be clear...you don’t have any itching, burning, peeling, rash, odd blisters, unexplained ED or loss of vision. Totally random questions, nothing to do with the ionic compounds I didn’t send you.
Nope, just that rectal bleeding we were talking about.

Back