The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #181 ( DE:66 SE:45 Str:68 Cart:0) - 690 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (1)
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar 28mm
Wholly Kaw King of Oud
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon’s English Fern talc
Histoires de Parfums Prolixe

Yep I shaved. It was good. King of Oud is meh.

Last edited:
Wow, King of Oud is one I had considered in the past. Too light or the scent itself is meh?
The discussion of this being a barbershop is valid. There was a powdery note to it. Not the deep rich scent I would expect from “oud”

2020 shave #182 ( DE:66 SE:45 Str:69 Cart:0) - 691 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (2)
TSC Legacy
TOBS Jermyn Street
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
TOBS Jermyn Street EdC

Another good open blade shave. I wish straights too no maintenance because I'm curious how I'd do with one now. Such is life. As you can see my journal entries have be kind blah. Things feel kinda blah. I do really enjoy the scent of Jermyn Street, but this morning I couldn't get excited about using anything. Just the rote nature of life these days. And uncertainty. Everything I think about doing turns into "but what about". And seeing amusement parks open up without staff enforcing their own rules sucks. Because folks like us that would maybe be comfortable going out if everyone follows the rules is put into a position of knowing they aren't. So then you're taking risks that shouldn't be necessary if people just gave a damn about others. But it was a decent weekend. Nice weather allowed lots of deck time which I'm enjoying. And we had a good zoom call on Sunday afternoon.

Get a SR and try it out. They don't really require that much maintenance. Once it's honed up, there's not much to do except stropping, and a bunch of Cadre members would probably be more than happy to take care of you when it gets dull in a few months. Piénsalo, hombre.

Get a SR and try it out. They don't really require that much maintenance. Once it's honed up, there's not much to do except stropping, and a bunch of Cadre members would probably be more than happy to take care of you when it gets dull in a few months. Piénsalo, hombre.
Dude, I just PIFed 2 SR. Just isn't for me. Even stropping the thing seems like a pain.

Dude, I just PIFed 2 SR. Just isn't for me. Even stropping the thing seems like a pain.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it is what it is. Hell, even wet shaving isn't for everybody, so I get it. Stay hydrated.
Poor Dave, he needs somebody to do all the maintenance on his razors and have them sitting on the counter waiting for him to shave each morning.Then while he's shaving he could reminisce and meditate on all the people in the line it led up to his amazing straight razor shave. 😜😂

Just kidding man, be satisfied in the fact that you've nailed the feather SS down!

Last edited:
Back