The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #177 ( DE:63 SE:45 Str:67 Cart:0) - 687 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Kai Pink (7)
Graydog Quilt
Talbot Shaving Winter's Refraction
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
---

Video processing. Used a new to me soap that smells AMAZING. I would totally 3017 this soap if I were ever to do such a crazy thing. I forgot to apply a scent on leaving the house and I still get some yummy whiffs from time to time. Once this fades I'll apply some KY Dave provided Penhaligon's.

Now, would I need to keep those in my office for work disputes or something more for the home? Also, do you have a good source for white silk gloves?

2020 shave #178 ( DE:64 SE:45 Str:67 Cart:0) - 688 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
Stirling Texas on Fire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Stirling Texas on Fire AS
Penhaligon's English Fern talc
Le Labo Tabac

Buckle your seat belts and put your drinks in the cup holders because you'll want to hold on for this Hollywood blockbuster of a shave!! Journal entry set to WMRK's rockin' tunes.

I've been itchin' for a smoky shave and decided to do my wife the favor of doing it on a day I was going to work. You could hear the growing sound of the THX intro to my shave with the pick of Texas on Fire for soap. I have 4 awesome smoky soaps to choose from (3 of which I know what they are. Gotta PM Dave about that). Decided to go with the slam dunk of a BBS I get from the 6S. This way I could revel in the scents without thinking much about the actual shaving. Though I did try a few new strokes that made longer strokes over transition areas like the angle of the jaw. My thinking was avoiding those little sections of missed hair in areas where two strokes at different angles meet. So while the fires were roaring the screams of the dolphins where reaching a crescendo. Two applications of ToF AS and the surround scent system in the den was bumping out at 11. I haven't gotten my other talc in yet but missed its use yesterday. That's fine. This fire will explode all over the delicate ferns anyway. Finished off with a layering of smoky scents with Le Labo liberally applied. BOOM!!!

86377D6C-957A-4BA5-BACD-DFE0F60CFC12.gif

2020 shave #179 ( DE:65 SE:45 Str:67 Cart:0) - 689 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (3)
Maggards synth
Talbot Shaving/Maol Grooming Marlogue Wood
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Maol Grooming Marlogue Wood AS

Video posted. OMG if you like wood scents you NEED this AS!!!! It just keeps getting better on dry down. I was going to go out for pipe, but I want to keep smelling this.

Back