The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #166 ( DE:63 SE:42 Str:59 Cart:0) - 676 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #10 (6)
TSC Legacy
Noble Otter Flying Hide
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Didn’t realize I had this many shaves on this blade section. Would explain why I needed so much clean up. Videos posted.

2020 shave #166 ( DE:63 SE:42 Str:59 Cart:0) - 676 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #10 (6)
TSC Legacy
Noble Otter Flying Hide
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Didn’t realize I had this many shaves on this blade section. Would explain why I needed so much clean up. Videos posted.
I really like Noble Otter soaps, particularly Lonestar and The Noir Et Vanille. Those are two of my favorite scents right there.

2020 shave #167 ( DE:63 SE:43 Str:59 Cart:0) - 677 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #9 (1)
Stirling synth
TOBS Grapefrui
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon's English Fern talc
Tom Ford White Suede

Wanted a redo of yesterday's shave since the Techmatic should have given a better shave than it did. A little better turning it to a new section. I went with a lightly scented soap because I have a couple more F fragrances to try and they are on the lighter side. While the people selling Tom Ford fragrances will tell you they are meant to be unisex, some of obviously tilted one way or the other. This is a "the other". But I've been committed to just giving each one a go and I did. I've since added a couple of spurts of Endymion to round it out a bit since I've gotten to work. Much too floral and musk.

2020 shave #167 ( DE:63 SE:43 Str:59 Cart:0) - 677 days of consecutive shaving
Gillette Techmatic / razor section #9 (1)
Stirling synth
TOBS Grapefrui
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford White Suede

Wanted a redo of yesterday's shave since the Techmatic should have given a better shave than it did. A little better turning it to a new section. I went with a lightly scented soap because I have a couple more F fragrances to try and they are on the lighter side. While the people selling Tom Ford fragrances will tell you they are meant to be unisex, some of obviously tilted one way or the other. This is a "the other". But I've been committed to just giving each one a go and I did. I've since added a couple of spurts of Endymion to round it out a bit since I've gotten to work. Much too floral and musk.
White Suede I think is more "Metrosexual and agreed the worst of the best

2020 shave #168 ( DE:63 SE:43 Str:60 Cart:0) - 678 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS / Feather Pro (6)
Paladin Harlequin Sherlock 26mm
CBL Green Valley Links
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Mandarino di Alalfi

Once again I went with a lightly scented soap to go with a more delicate TF. @CBLindsay I think you've gotten scared of being bold my pepper eating soaper. This one has the scent strength of like 0.5/10. This Tom Ford is again not on the more masculine side of things but I would use it when I want a lite citrus scent. It dries down to a nice orange. I'm curious to see what it would smell like with a bigger dose.

My daughter was feeling bad last night and woke up with a low grade fever. She hasn't really been around anyone for months, so it seems a bit odd. And crappy timing because she has her graduation car parade Thursday and then is supposed to go to her mom's for 2 weeks starting Friday. I image it's nothing, but COVID put a dark worrisome cloud over everything.

Sorry that your daughter isn't feeling well and I hope she gets well in time for her car parade. Sending thoughts and prayers y'alls way!

Uh oh, another mention of low scent strength on the MB line? Bummer. Haven’t dug into mine yet.

Hope the kiddo doesn’t have anything serious and is well for grad time!

Well, after a video visit with her doc, COVID testing tomorrow it is. Pretty slim chance of it, but good to know before all the girls head off to their other parents this weekend.

2020 shave #168 ( DE:63 SE:43 Str:60 Cart:0) - 678 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS / Feather Pro (6)
Paladin Harlequin Sherlock 26mm
CBL Green Valley Links
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Mandarino di Alalfi

Once again I went with a lightly scented soap to go with a more delicate TF. @CBLindsay I think you've gotten scared of being bold my pepper eating soaper. This one has the scent strength of like 0.5/10. This Tom Ford is again not on the more masculine side of things but I would use it when I want a lite citrus scent. It dries down to a nice orange. I'm curious to see what it would smell like with a bigger dose.

My daughter was feeling bad last night and woke up with a low grade fever. She hasn't really been around anyone for months, so it seems a bit odd. And crappy timing because she has her graduation car parade Thursday and then is supposed to go to her mom's for 2 weeks starting Friday. I image it's nothing, but COVID put a dark worrisome cloud over everything.

Prayers that she has nothing Love and Light your way
congrats welcome to Club Curfew and Congrats on getting to Jumanji Level 50

You know, you keep mentioning that and I’ve never seen Jumanji
WHAT???

giphy-downsized-large.gif

2020 shave #169 ( DE:63 SE:44 Str:60 Cart:0) - 679 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Oz Purple
Eleven Blue Spruce
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Le Labo Tabac 28

Listening to WMRK on TSC as I type this up. Picked another sample with only one use left in it. I'd say this is on par with Stirling Christmas Eve but just a touch weaker. I decided to work from home today so I got some hot eggs and toast. Have my computer downstairs to start to work though the sample pass box and get some more information posted. Also ordered a sample kit from Histoires de Parfums. @HMan what were your favorites from them?

Also ordered a sample kit from Histoires de Parfums. @HMan what were your favorites from them?

What did you get?

I like from the standard line -
1725, 1740, 1828, 1899

and from the other lines -
Ambre 118 or 1969, similar to me, 1969 seems to be my wife's favorite on me.

I also like Rosam, Irreverent, and Petroleum, and of course Noir Patchouli.

Fidelis and Veni are pretty good too, so basically, it's a you can hardly go wrong situation.

Back