The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #163 (DE:62 SE:41 Str:58 Cart:0) - 673 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (3)
SV 2.0
SV Felce Aromatica
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's English Fern talc
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

Boy do I smell pretty! Video posted.

Last edited:
2020 shave #164 (DE:62 SE:41 Str:59 Cart:0) - 674 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Pro (5)
Stirling synth
Sudsy Soapery White Sage and Lime
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's English Fern talc
Galimard Sensuel Safron

Good shave. Today I'm just stunned by all the crap happening in our country right now.

Good thing there is proper plumbing rather than the "dump the bucket out the window" of yesteryear!
and not just proper plumbing but gold plated plumbing in Millbrae! That's what my old boss had installed in his Millbrae home back in the day. I am sure @NurseDave has installed the same in his mansion. Why it's just a few miles north of Woodside and Menlo-Atherton. Hey @NurseDave have you ever been to the Dutch Goose or Zotts? I am sure they are closed now but classic bars when open.

Yea crazy stuff goin on over there. It’s good we’re seeing some of it, it’s necessary reporting IMO (reporting methods aside). Can you imagine all the things we aren’t seeing on top of it? We’re at a strange place these days with the tension between citizens, authority figures, and media reporting. Almost makes me wish for simpler (more ignorant?) days.

Yea crazy stuff goin on over there. It’s good we’re seeing some of it, it’s necessary reporting IMO (reporting methods aside). Can you imagine all the things we aren’t seeing on top of it? We’re at a strange place these days with the tension between citizens, authority figures, and media reporting. Almost makes me wish for simpler (more ignorant?) days.
Nothing to see here. All perfectly normal. Move on...Gang Of Monkeys Attacks Lab Assistant, Escapes With Coronavirus Test Samples (headline from Zerohedge)

I'm not a bar goer, but I did look those up. They are both still there but Zotts is under a different name now.
Zotts is just the name everyone calls it as it used to be owned by the Rosotti family, was called Rosotti's Alpine Inn and located in Portola Valley. This is one of those places that the locals love. Great place to go for a burger and beer in the outside eating area (beer garden). They used to have a sign that read: "We reserve the right to serve refuse to anyone." Informal atmosphere but the scent of real money is ever-present.

In the past, there might have been a chance that @NurseDave would have patronized places like that. But now that he's added talc to his grooming routine. I can see the odds of him associating with the "locals" diminishing. ;)
Maybe I’d fit in with the 80 year old barbers at the diner for coffee at 2pm?

In the past, there might have been a chance that @NurseDave would have patronized places like that. But now that he's added talc to his grooming routine. I can see the odds of him associating with the "locals" diminishing. ;)
"locals" has a special meaning here. These are not the type of guys you find sitting on a stool in your local bar. These people drive Teslas! And I bet some of them have stolen bathrobes with Disney logos on them. I'm from the East Bay and we used to make fun of them, that is until they took over the world.

Maybe I’d fit in with the 80 year old barbers at the diner for coffee at 2pm?
Let's go through the similarities seriatum.
A fair amount of 80 year olds have "neckles" so does @NurseDave Check.
Most 80 year olds get annoyed when their neighbors are "making too much noise. So does @NurseDave . Check
When 80 year olds move around. Their mode of transportation (jazzy Chair) is electric powered. @NurseDave 's vehicle needs charging too. Check.
Just make sure you get decaf coffee at the diner Dave. :cool:

Back