The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Gah! I hate it when I forget to log my shaves. Here's yesterday. Luckily there was a video so I can remember what it was.

2020 shave #156 (DE:61 SE:39 Str:56 Cart:0) - 659 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Pro (2)
Stirling synth
Stirling Hipster
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Stirling Hipster AS

So here's what happened. Woke up and went to get donuts for the kids. Make myself some eggs with green pepper, ham, tomatoes and cheddar cheese. Then this shave with a video posted about it.

2020 shave #157 (DE:61 SE:39 Str:56 Cart:0) - 659 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (1)
Graydog Quilt
Siliski Citrus
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Champaca Absolute

Then some errands around town. Came home and cleaned out the drain along the driveway that I don't think had been cleaned in years. A pipe outside. A little gaming. Then did my 2nd haircut on myself. Which led to another shower and this shave:

2020 shave #158 (DE:62 SE:39 Str:56 Cart:0) - 659 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Maggard synth
B&M Dickens
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Dior Sauvage

Productive.... And social distancing.... Hmm I guess they can be used together.

2020 shave #159 (DE:62 SE:39 Str:57 Cart:0) - 670 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Pro (3)
Copper boar
A&E Oriental Oud
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

End result was a BBS shave with me smelling like heaven. Using the Pro blade I’m constantly reminded to avoid motionless touch downs. Made it through without any damage but the neck was a little sporty. Trust in the blade.

So Saint Peter spritz's you with Oud Minerale when you pass through the gates?
What If I want to smell like Tabac for eternity? That is of course, If I get through the gate.:rolleyes:
Yes he does. And you’ll learn why.

2020 shave #161 (DE:62 SE:40 Str:57 Cart:0) - 671 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (2)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
Talbot Shaving Governor’s Island
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet

First thing this morning was watching the other Dave’s video. Then did some cleaning of fountain pens and refilling. Ordered breakfast to be delivered. Then finally got around to my shave. The rest of the day is up for grabs. Last of my 4 day weekend though. I do need to open up the soap sample pass around box and start getting it ready for another go. It’s supposed to be a hot one today. Not like where Gear is, but hot enough to be irritating all day.

Last edited:
2020 shave #160 (DE:62 SE:40 Str:57 Cart:0) - 671 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Kai Pink (2)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
Talbot Shaving Governor’s Island
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet

First thing this morning was watching the other Dave’s video. Then did some cleaning of fountain pens and refilling. Ordered breakfast to be delivered. Then finally got around to my shave. The rest of the day is up for grabs. Last of my 4 day weekend though. I do need to open up the soap sample pass around box and start getting it ready for another go. It’s supposed to be a hot one today. Not like where Gear is, but hot enough to be irritating all day.
That's going to be a ton of work topping off all those samples! Thanks for doing this for everybody Dave!!!

That's going to be a ton of work topping off all those samples! Thanks for doing this for everybody Dave!!!
Well, I’ll top off the ones I own. But many were donations and swaps. I’ll be putting out a call to arms for donations again ;)

Back