The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

We need some of the better 70s in here...
When I was a child I'd go to sleep with a radio under my pillow. One night I awoke from a bad dream, and Benny And The Jets was playing. For years it creeped me out, until as a young adult I was teaching at a school and was a support musician for a student talent show. One student chose Benny And The Jets. I swallowed hard and learned my part. The kid, who was a very quiet student, went full Elton John and did an elaborate presentation that wowed the audience and won the prize. It was great seeing him come out of his shell, and ever since, I am always happy when I come across this classic. Thanks for posting it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

When I was a child I'd go to sleep with a radio under my pillow. One night I awoke from a bad dream, and Benny And The Jets was playing. For years it creeped me out, until as a young adult I was teaching at a school and was a support musician for a student talent show. One student chose Benny And The Jets. I swallowed hard and learned my part. The kid, who was a very quiet student, went full Elton John and did an elaborate presentation that wowed the audience and won the prize. It was great seeing him come out of his shell, and ever since, I am always happy when I come across this classic. Thanks for posting it!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Must have been quite a sight! Great share!

Evening shave:

2020 shave #154 (DE:61 SE:38 Str:55 Cart:0) - 657 days of consecutive shaving
Pre-war Tech w/ Voskhod (3)
Sorrentino Oregon State
Storybook Soapworks Hallward’s Dream
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Storybook Soapworks Hallward’s Dream AS

Decided to go to bed smooth and smelling good. Still been getting whiffs of Venetian Bergamot and it’s been getting richer through the day.

The Post-War Gillette Tech is one of my favorites. I found the Pre-War Tech to be a bit too aggressive for my face. But, either way, the Tech is a wonderful piece of hardware and will always be at the top of my vintage DE favorites list. The Tech is, perhaps, the best razor that Gillette ever produced.

The idea of going to bed smooth and smelling good is very appealing. I am a morning shaver, like most guys, but you make going to bed with a BBS sound wonderful.

Great shave and pleasant dreams!

The Post-War Gillette Tech is one of my favorites. I found the Pre-War Tech to be a bit too aggressive for my face. But, either way, the Tech is a wonderful piece of hardware and will always be at the top of my vintage DE favorites list. The Tech is, perhaps, the best razor that Gillette ever produced.

The idea of going to bed smooth and smelling good is very appealing. I am a morning shaver, like most guys, but you make going to bed with a BBS sound wonderful.

Great shave and pleasant dreams!
An evening shave sounds nice especially during this rainy weather. Nice post Dave!
I especially enjoyed waking up to good smells. I like the Tech with a Feather blade more and Doug, it was a touch aggressive. Only Tech I have though. I tried to force the use of the Voskhod because I bought a bunch of them, but can't find a razor it's better in than the Feather.

I'm delaying my SOTD post until @MarkB posts his song of the morning for me to listen to. Been a routine this week.

2020 shave #155 (DE:61 SE:39 Str:55 Cart:0) - 658 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (4)
Paladin Brush of Shame
The Club - The Closer
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
The Club - The Closer AS

Well, thanks to @MarkB for doing adult things, my post is accompanied by the hum of the ventilation system and my printer. Pulled out a lesser used soap. It's lesser used for no other reason than I've had it longer than a lot of others. I just need to pick like 10 soaps and AS and swap with someone. We should do that every 3 months or so. Call it "swap your den" or something. Anyway, shave is super smooth as one might hope after going to bed BBS. This is my Friday so I'm waving my arms in the air like I just don't care. Although, we of course have no where to go this weekend.

Swap your den. That is a interesting thought Dave. I'm going to ponder this and see how many full tubs fit into various USPS If it fit it ships boxes. Musical chairs for your soap. A modified sample pass around. Happy Thursday.

Back