The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #152 (DE:60 SE:38 Str:54 Cart:0) - 656 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Graydog Quilt
Nuavia Rossa
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Boom! Turned on the afterburners in terms of shaving power today. Went with known entities that turn it up to 11 today. Had the Rossa out from an almost selection a couple of days ago and decided I wanted to bask in awesomeness today. And I still say the RX is is the BIG DADDY of the SE AC razor set. There might be more advanced from an engineering perspective, that give you a thought less good shave. But the RX is like calling up Jason Statham to take care of business. And in an usually move not seen in this journal before, I topped off the lingering scent of the Rossa with some LV that will fill my office all, day, long.

2020 shave #152 (DE:60 SE:38 Str:54 Cart:0) - 656 days of consecutive shaving
Asylum "The Doctor" RX w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Graydog Quilt
Nuavia Rossa
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Boom! Turned on the afterburners in terms of shaving power today. Went with known entities that turn it up to 11 today. Had the Rossa out from an almost selection a couple of days ago and decided I wanted to bask in awesomeness today. And I still say the RX is is the BIG DADDY of the SE AC razor set. There might be more advanced from an engineering perspective, that give you a thought less good shave. But the RX is like calling up Jason Statham to take care of business. And in an usually move not seen in this journal before, I topped off the lingering scent of the Rossa with some LV that will fill my office all, day, long.
Jason Stathem with Purse??

Purse of death
tumblr_o7ua4iKH1M1qj3p9ro1_500.gif

2020 shave #153 (DE:60 SE:38 Str:55 Cart:0) - 657 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Pro (1)
TSC 2nd Anniversary
CBL Cigar Store Indian
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Venetian Bergamot

A couple new things this morning. I'm getting lowish on my Proguard blades, so decided to see how I did with a Pro blade in the ole SS. Not bad. It did feel a little harsh, but I got through it without any alum sting. I did hold back on the neck clean up a bit because it felt like I was tempting fate if I kept going. We'll see if this is a challenge to hone my skills more to be able to whip this around too or if the blade just isn't as good of a match for my face. I reached for what now seems like an old school soap from @CBLSoap.com. Remember those days?? Still a winner to me.

I still have a few more Tom Ford scents to try. They are all fairly on the more feminine side I think and this was a strongest of what was left. Bergamot is right up my alley, but this is not what you would think of. I'd say this is more of the green leaf and flower side of things. Maybe the rind to get the citrus note. Not a purchase for me, but I would use it. It's something like this I need to get me out of my usual selections. Bergamot Essence Italy Orpur, Petitgrain Citronnier Oil Orpur, Ylang Madagascar Organic Essence, Magnolia China Orpur Essence, Cedarwood Virginia Essence Orpur, Tonka Bean Venezuela Roasted Absolute

I think @MarkB and I start our days at about the same time. Bonus for me is I get to use his musical selection to start things off. It's usually a winner. Well, except that week he was obsessed with Captain & Tennille. I keep telling myself I need to go through some of these forum posts and add the artists to my streaming sites.

I think @MarkB and I start our days at about the same time. Bonus for me is I get to use his musical selection to start things off. It's usually a winner. Well, except that week he was obsessed with Captain & Tennille. I keep telling myself I need to go through some of these forum posts and add the artists to my streaming sites.
Next week I'm thinking a Sonny & Cher theme is in order.

Back