The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #140 (DE:57 SE:35 Str:48 Cart:0) - 645 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Paladin Vintage Port Cleo
Razor Master Juha
Oh seventy five
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Vert D'Encens

Oh baby what a shave! Clearly there wouldn't be a lot to remove after an evening shave so the dolphins are still joyous this morning. Good times! Juha is a woodsy scent albeit not that strong, but it did lead to the scent being worn. My D&G samples were more classic cologne scents so I grabbed two of the Tom Ford. Now, I've told my wife more than once that I think I could just have the whole signature line from Tom Ford and be happy with just that. In addition to digging every one of the scents to some extent, the chemistry just seems to jive with my skin and I get projection and endurance. They also seem to have a way to be powerful even with subtle scents and Oud Minerale would be a perfect example of that. Vert D'Encens I can't pronounce, but it hits the woods out of the park. After application I got red wood sawdust primarily, and there is a slight power note coming now, but just to provide another layer. From a website: The unbridled nature of the Corsican Coast, known as "the perfumed isle", inspires this distinguished scent’s sophisticated, aromatic, and wild side. Smoky incense, pine resin, and fir balsam evoke the sense of a dense forest and rugged peaks, while delectable heliotrope and woods heighten the grand atmosphere of sea and shadow.

Back at home my order of cross stitching stuff came. Well, I think I just was looking at too many patterns and getting overwhelmed. Or just wasn't thinking in reality. The pattern I ordered came 60 pages and will be 39" x 30" when done. A total of 228,250 stitches! Ooopss. Well I'm dying to get started on it, but I'm trying to force myself into finishing that other piece. It's all outlining I have to do and that's why I20stopped before. It's boring. And tedious and it doesn't look like you've accomplished much after an hour of work. But it would be silly to just put it away again. The only saving grace in that huge piece is that there is no outlining or half stitches.

Another great read this morning. You guys have me in a good mood.
When you said Redwood sawdust scent note in the Cologne Dave. It immediately made me think back to my youth. My parents went out to California in the 80's. And they picked out a huge piece of Redwood Burlwood/root. My dad and I made a coffee table out of it. Sanding it down and getting it to lay flat on the base we made for it. Released a very unique aroma. That alone make me want to try some of that cologne. Hope you have a great day Dave.
Fluffy

One of these days...yeah...one of these days...I'll get my hands on some Tom Ford scents!

Good for you for taking up cross-stitching again...I personally would not have the patience for it.

I’m jealous! That’s a lot of TF juice to enjoy! I’ve almost convinced myself they’re worth the price tag 😂
Sanding it down and getting it to lay flat on the base we made for it. Released a very unique aroma.
Wood shop was one of my favorite jr high classes for the different smells of wood alone. Fresh cut, sanded, slightly burnt...such heavenly aromas, each so different!

My wife is always amazed/annoyed at my strange abilities. Such as identifying different woods by their smell. Yet I have a tough time singling out scent profiles in soap and aftershave. Go figure.

2020 shave #1401(DE:57 SE:35 Str:49 Cart:0) - 646 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Wilkinson shave stick soap thingie
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Noir de Noir

Video posted and oh what a good one it is!

2020 shave #142 (DE:58 SE:35 Str:49 Cart:0) - 647 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Israeli Personna (1)
RazoRock synth
Strop Shoppe Teak Wood
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Fleur De Portofino

Forgot to post today’s shave. All I’ll say is my random scent pic was a bit too floral. My wife could use it though.

giphy.gif

Back