The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Sorry it’s been a rough day Dave. Sounds like you need a glass of wine and an at-home Disney spa experience.

2020 shave #135 (DE:55 SE:33 Str:48 Cart:0) - 641 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Graydog Quilt
Singari Man The Healers
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Singari Man The Healers AS balm

Video posted. Well I started the day okay. Ran out the the store briefly and then to a donut place since the store didn’t have the prepackaged dozen donuts that I’ve seen there before. Figured the kids can’t go anywhere and they haven’t had donuts since this whole thing started.

Then things went downhill. This shave was not the best. I got myself on the Adam’s Apple I guess and I took a few attempts to stop the seepage and my neck is a bit sore now. The soap was good though, nice scent.

Then I decided to

Sorry about the shave and cross stitch stuff Dave. At least the soap smelled good and you got donuts! Hope the day had gotten better!

Saw the Racing Stripe and the Bingo Gods are punishing you for only giving me 5 numbers on two cards Soap sounds wonderful

2020 shave #136 (DE:56 SE:33 Str:48 Cart:0) - 642 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Maggard synth
The Club Black Birch Stout
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Porsche Design The Essence

So here we are. A Monday that feels like a Monday. There feels like a little less purpose having to come to work on a Monday when I'm just back to the normal routine. And, AND I forgot to bring any coffee beans so I'm still on Keurig coffee. I know, I know. Thank you for your concern, but I should be okay.

I pulled out the Timeless to confirm that yes, it's time to get rid of it. This is one of the best looking DEs I have. No, this is THE best looking DE I have, but I just don't have situations where I would pull it out over others. So it'll be on the BST once I get around to it. I also am off the monthly themes train. I suppose that birch would count at forest, but that's pure coincidence. I found I kept seeing soaps that didn't fit the categories and after being strict last month, I just couldn't take it any more . The scent today was another shot in the dark from @Somnos. I did try the Guerlain Homme first, but alas it was empty. Long story short, I'd put Porsche in the wheel house of Calvin Klein Euphoria. Not the same, but a similar soft mix of sweet and back end of pepper. I think this would be a good scent for a mixed audience where you want to make sure you don't offend anyone. On me it's disappearing after 90min.

Now, someone needs to remind me to bring coffee beans tomorrow and a D battery for my clock.

Dave’s not having much luck with anything this morning lol. Hope the rest of the day goes better :LOL:

2020 shave #136 (DE:56 SE:33 Str:48 Cart:0) - 642 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Maggard synth
The Club Black Birch Stout
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Porsche Design The Essence

So here we are. A Monday that feels like a Monday. There feels like a little less purpose having to come to work on a Monday when I'm just back to the normal routine. And, AND I forgot to bring any coffee beans so I'm still on Keurig coffee. I know, I know. Thank you for your concern, but I should be okay.

I pulled out the Timeless to confirm that yes, it's time to get rid of it. This is one of the best looking DEs I have. No, this is THE best looking DE I have, but I just don't have situations where I would pull it out over others. So it'll be on the BST once I get around to it. I also am off the monthly themes train. I suppose that birch would count at forest, but that's pure coincidence. I found I kept seeing soaps that didn't fit the categories and after being strict last month, I just couldn't take it any more . The scent today was another shot in the dark from @Somnos. I did try the Guerlain Homme first, but alas it was empty. Long story short, I'd put Porsche in the wheel house of Calvin Klein Euphoria. Not the same, but a similar soft mix of sweet and back end of pepper. I think this would be a good scent for a mixed audience where you want to make sure you don't offend anyone. On me it's disappearing after 90min.

Now, someone needs to remind me to bring coffee beans tomorrow and a D battery for my clock.
I didn't even try that one...I am calling the Sis-in-Law on this one....

2020 shave #137 (DE:56 SE:33 Str:48 Cart:0) - 643 days of consecutive shaving
Pre-war Tech w/ Voskhod (1)
TSC Legacy
Stirling Queen of Hearts
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Dior Homme EAU for Men

So lets start today better than yesterday! First off, while I was looking for something totally different, I found all my cross stitch stuff. This was after I ordered over $150 worth of stuff to get started again and my mom found her collection and got it sent off to me. That's fine. I was able to cancel the stuff I don't need now, and still need the pattern, fabric and string to get started on another. The best part is I have the piece I spent forever working on in my senior year of high school. I need to take a pic and forgot. I don't know how I got started in cross stitch, but I was a yearbook photographer which means during yearbook class I actually had nothing to do and just sat in the corner and cross stitched. I got done with the piece except for the fiddly outlining details and it's sat unfinished for 30 years. Only difference now is I quickly learned I can't get the piece closer to my face to see the details. So in goes an order for a standing magnifying glass with light.

Yesterday I also got the mother load of Tom Ford samples from @BarberDave. And these seem to be plus sized samples. Looking forward to diving into those. I also remembered to bring my coffee beans to work. AND I'm going to splurge on a breakfast burrito. I've learned I can get the carbs down to an acceptable level if I ask for it without potatoes and rip off the ends where there's like 4 layers of folded over tortilla.

For the few (or none) that come to read about the shave, there was one of those too. Along my lines of remembering how little used razors treat me I pulled out my Tech. Had a decent shave with it. It could have been a touch better but I was being gentle because my neck was still sore from Sunday. @Dave in KY has be on overdrive getting people to try Queen of Hearts so it got into it today. It is a good scent, but I also get the comments about it being a touch too feminine. That's ok, Dave is a sensitive guy. I can't say that I picked up any specific notes other than sweet, but it wasn't an unpleasant floral sweet. I'll continue to use the sample, but don't think I'd sport the scent.

Speaking of scents I continue my random pick of samples sent by @Somnos. This one hit the nail on the head and is a bullseye in my wheelhouse. Rich, warm and baking spices all the way. The only bummer is it's an EdT and starting to fade already. @Dave in KY asked me once what Nameless by Mark Buxton smells like. It's very similar to this one. The Dior is just a slight touch darker in scent, but if you like one I'd think you like the other.

2020 shave #137 (DE:56 SE:33 Str:48 Cart:0) - 643 days of consecutive shaving
Pre-war Tech w/ Voskhod (1)
TSC Legacy
Stirling Queen of Hearts
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Dior Homme EAU for Men

So lets start today better than yesterday! First off, while I was looking for something totally different, I found all my cross stitch stuff. This was after I ordered over $150 worth of stuff to get started again and my mom found her collection and got it sent off to me. That's fine. I was able to cancel the stuff I don't need now, and still need the pattern, fabric and string to get started on another. The best part is I have the piece I spent forever working on in my senior year of high school. I need to take a pic and forgot. I don't know how I got started in cross stitch, but I was a yearbook photographer which means during yearbook class I actually had nothing to do and just sat in the corner and cross stitched. I got done with the piece except for the fiddly outlining details and it's sat unfinished for 30 years. Only difference now is I quickly learned I can't get the piece closer to my face to see the details. So in goes an order for a standing magnifying glass with light.

Yesterday I also got the mother load of Tom Ford samples from @BarberDave. And these seem to be plus sized samples. Looking forward to diving into those. I also remembered to bring my coffee beans to work. AND I'm going to splurge on a breakfast burrito. I've learned I can get the carbs down to an acceptable level if I ask for it without potatoes and rip off the ends where there's like 4 layers of folded over tortilla.

For the few (or none) that come to read about the shave, there was one of those too. Along my lines of remembering how little used razors treat me I pulled out my Tech. Had a decent shave with it. It could have been a touch better but I was being gentle because my neck was still sore from Sunday. @Dave in KY has be on overdrive getting people to try Queen of Hearts so it got into it today. It is a good scent, but I also get the comments about it being a touch too feminine. That's ok, Dave is a sensitive guy. I can't say that I picked up any specific notes other than sweet, but it wasn't an unpleasant floral sweet. I'll continue to use the sample, but don't think I'd sport the scent.

Speaking of scents I continue my random pick of samples sent by @Somnos. This one hit the nail on the head and is a bullseye in my wheelhouse. Rich, warm and baking spices all the way. The only bummer is it's an EdT and starting to fade already. @Dave in KY asked me once what Nameless by Mark Buxton smells like. It's very similar to this one. The Dior is just a slight touch darker in scent, but if you like one I'd think you like the other.
Finally you got a good one!! Man I was getting all verklempt!

Fun read Dave and I am glad you were able to find your cross stitching stuff. Sounds like a great start to the day. Hope the rest of the day goes smoothly!

Back