The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I can see Dave’s new weekend routine already...waking up at the butt crack of dawn, grabbing his pipe, an adult drink, and his cross stitch bag, heading out to the covered porch for the day...quick someone get him a rocking chair to complete this fine picture!
F84F021B-39E8-43CE-BE1B-D9281A1E2200.gif

2020 shave #138 (DE:57 SE:33 Str:48 Cart:0) - 644 days of consecutive shaving
Pre-war Tech w/ Voskhod (2)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Oleo Empire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Calvin Klein MAN44

I wasn't in a specific mood this morning so just used what was out from yesterday. It was "ok". No irritation, but not the closest of shaves. We'll do better tomorrow. Used MAN today which I don't think that I've seen before. I do own Euphoria and it was the first scent my wife bought me when we were dating. I like this one! I'd say it's Euphoria with a pepper note added to it. And I think my sniffer is broken. Recently it seems that after I've just applied a scent it's hard to me to pick it up. And with the Porsche scent I thought it was disappearing after an hour or so, but I could still get whiffs of it through the day. Don't worry, I CAN still smell and taste. I used a healthy dose of MAN to make sure that I would be able to pick it up, but I'm thinking it could be stronger. I don't know if that's the truth or I'm "that Don guy" and just don't know it. Suppose the skim readers will miss the bingo call of eye thirty? I could see this one as a buy, but I'm also really trying hard to get outside of scents like this that I'm always drawn to.

Just realized the pay period is ending Friday and I haven't taken a day off. I'm at the point that I need to take like 1 1/2 days every pay period so I'm not maxing out on PTO. So Cadre Friday it is for me!

Evening shave

2020 shave #139 (DE:57 SE:34 Str:48 Cart:0) - 644 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Copper boar
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch AS

Dinner, watch @BarberDave’s video while having a pipe and watching the airport then shower and a dolphin screaming BBS. And you know how many bucks I smell like? One million.

I think I have 2 more samples to use before going through those. I didn’t want to waste a scent sleeping through it tonight.

You missed a Good Zoom Call tonight some of us were on until about 10 minutes ago. Missed Ya!
Wow, I’d have thrown my name in if I knew it was going to go that long. When they start at 5 my time it interferes with dinner and I try to regulate how often I can ask to schedule around that.

BarberDave had his dinner whilst we were talking. Kyle was cooking. Of course it’s later here so I had popcorn.

Back