The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #130 (DE:55 SE:31 Str:45 Cart:0) - 636 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Maggard Red synth
Central Texas Soaps Mr Pepper
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Bleu de Chanel

Nothing new here. Just a great smelling soap and a brush from a swap. I should have taken a pic because it's a shape I've never really cared for, but it was good functionally and I like it now. Knew that I went over some areas too much to get BBS but lucked out without any alum sting.

Starting my 5 days in the Command Center, but things have been pretty mellow so should be fine.

2020 shave #131 (DE:55 SE:31 Str:46 Cart:0) - 637 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
TSC Legacy
TOBS Grapefruit
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal

Dang darn it. I was at a loss of which razor to use. For some reason on my recent days off I was sleeping through most of the night so going back to waking up and going to work has not been pleasant. Rule #25 don't use an open blade when you're not feelin' it. It wasn't terrible, but I did get a touch of sting on the neck and needed to use the 6S to get BBS on the lower neck. I think I could handle retirement. Oh, I do like this Grapefruit scent. And it does pair just beautifully with this Vetiver.

2020 shave #131 (DE:55 SE:31 Str:46 Cart:0) - 637 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
TSC Legacy
TOBS Grapefruit
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal

Dang darn it. I was at a loss of which razor to use. For some reason on my recent days off I was sleeping through most of the night so going back to waking up and going to work has not been pleasant. Rule #25 don't use an open blade when you're not feelin' it. It wasn't terrible, but I did get a touch of sting on the neck and needed to use the 6S to get BBS on the lower neck. I think I could handle retirement. Oh, I do like this Grapefruit scent. And it does pair just beautifully with this Vetiver.
I feel like Dave skipped an important med this morning...
1B966614-2326-46B0-85F5-B480FC7464E4.gif

2020 shave #132 (DE:55 SE:32 Str:46 Cart:0) - 638 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
CBL Balsamic Oud
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Today's shave was centered around Tom Ford because reasons. Are here are those reasons. It smells awesome.

2020 shave #132 (DE:55 SE:32 Str:46 Cart:0) - 638 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
CBL Balsamic Oud
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Today's shave was centered around Tom Ford because reasons. Are here are those reasons. It smells awesome.
nice shave Dave and if you like tom ford send me your addy I have some for you to try LOL

2020 shave #133 (DE:55 SE:33 Str:46 Cart:0) - 639 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (3)
Stirling synth
CBL Lemon
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Florida Water

May day #1 of Don's new rules. I went fruit with CBL Lemon. This one is so intense you can't take your time or it will eat your face off. Or at least make it sting. Which is awesome right?! This soap is so intense it will melt your face!! Smells awesome too! And I've learned that I dig Florida Water too. I think I'll be using it quite a bit with this month's themes.

It's Friday and it's May now. I'll tell you I still walk around still kind of stunned that this is reality. A whole world brought to its knees by a little collection of DNA. It truly feels like we are living in a movie that you keep expecting to end at some point.

Yea...weird times indeed! Will be interesting to see what’s developed by the end of the year.

How many cups of coffee were consumed before writing this? 😜

Nice shave Dave! Have you tried that razor with the #1 plate?

Back