The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Having tried a bunch of shavettes over the years (but not as many as some folks), the only advantage they offer over a Feather AC type system is the price of the blades. Have not tried a shavetter that takes injector blades yet, but I doubt that I would get the longevity with it that I get sfrom using a normal injector.

That's why I get a kick out of using the Eco (half DE blade). Not having to chase down harder to find AC blades. AC blades give a great shave, but simplicity is nice too.

2020 shave #101 (DE:41 SE:20 Str:40 Cart:0) - 614 days of consecutive shaving
Parker 76R w/ Voskhod (1)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto AS
Penhaligon's English Fern

Well, back to the early morning wake-up call and I was dragging a bit. Didn't have my tracking app updated, so I wasn't sure what # of uses on had on my blades that I wasn't sure were past their prime. So went ooooold school and loaded up the first razor I ever bought for this hobby. Well, it was ok. Can't say I'll use it again by choice over everything else I have. Needed a bit of clean up to get BBS. So my thoughts were back to that of a new wet shaver and the added struggle of not starting with the best equipment.

I'm hoping Don is extra happy with my 4 Fs!

Last edited:
2020 shave #103 (DE:41 SE:22 Str:40 Cart:0) - 616 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (1)
Stirling synth
Oleo Soapworks Humanitas
Alum
Thayers
Nivea 2:1
Galimard Sensuel Safron

Friggin' OREN design. I wanted to use it again with plate 2, but need to plan the mechanical replacement of the 3 head with the 2 when my engineer is available. So Merlin got woken up and loaded with a fresh Schick. BOOM! Two passes and I was BBS so you can imagine how smooth I was after pass 3. Go head. Imagine.

I figured with everything that's going on Humanitas was a good word for the H day. Humanitas is a Latin noun meaning human nature, civilization, and kindness.

Back