The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #96 (DE:40 SE:20 Str:36 Cart:0) - 609 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
RazoRock synth
The Holy Black Ancient Timber
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tommy Bahama St Kitts

Video Posted

2020 shave #97 (DE:40 SE:20 Str:37 Cart:0) - 610 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Oz Purple
Sapone Di Paolo Bosco
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan

B is for Bosco. Hey, I've kept with the theme for 2 days! So far so good. I had to do a couple clean up swipes with the 6S on the neck, but boy howdy are my cheeks smooth!

The number of COVID patients we have is slowly growing. Our organization is predicting our surge to hit in about 3 weeks so it's sort of like watching the hurricane building and heading to your beach but not sure how big it will be or if it might change speed. If you follow some of the other threads you see I finally decided on a new work bag. Went a little over my set budget, but it'll get used daily and should make a difference having something that will be functionally better. It got shipped by slow boat from the right coast, so might have an unboxing next week.

2020 shave #98 (DE:40 SE:20 Str:38 Cart:0) - 611 days of consecutive shaving
Big ole DE shavette w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
The Shaving Club - The Closer
Alum
Thayers Lemon
The Shaving Club - The Closer AS

Video posted.

2020 shave #98 (DE:40 SE:20 Str:38 Cart:0) - 611 days of consecutive shaving
Big ole DE shavette w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Sorrentino Chess Piece
The Shaving Club - The Closer
Alum
Thayers Lemon
The Shaving Club - The Closer AS

Video posted.
And a great video it was!

2020 shave #99 (DE:40 SE:20 Str:39 Cart:0) - 612 days of consecutive shaving
Smaller DE shavette w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Paladin Brush of Shame
B&M Dickens
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Mark Buxton Nameless

Video heavy morning. Got to watch half of @Dave in KY's video. Then shot my own. Then @Spider went live while I was gathering my breakfast at work, so watched him and thought about throwing it up on the command center big screen since I'm the only one in here. But I'd have to log into Facebook on a computer that's not mine, so thought better of that plan.

Video posted.

2020 shave #100 (DE:40 SE:20 Str:40 Cart:0) - 613 days of consecutive shaving
Smaller DE shavette w/ Israeli Personna (2)
TSC 2nd Anniversary
Grooming Dept Elan
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Missoni

Very similar shave as yesterday. Cheeks were super close BBS and I needed to use a DE to chase BSS on the neck. No alum sting at all today though. So I still wouldn't totally rule out a DE shavette, but I need to find one that gives me a reason to have it over the Feather SS. I might have to say the 2nd anniversary brush looks better than it performs. I'll have to see after a couple more uses, but it was a little stiff and didn't want to splay. I'm not used to synthetics needing to be broken in, but it almost feels that way.

In a stretch of 5 days as Incident Commander. Yesterday was pretty smooth with only one minor issue to deal with and expect similar today. It's odd how even during an emergency, things can mellow out on the weekend.

Back