The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Thanks for reminding me that I need to save up for a bottle of Sartorial!

“Accidentally “ ? Puh-lease start living in reality. You can’t start treating the problem till you identify it. 🤓
Okay so it went like this:
Hey, wasn't there a soap that was going to be released on Monday?
Oh there it is.
Hey, it should have sold out quickly and it's still there!!
It's in my basket now.
Hey, I thought all new items had free shipping at WCS but it says free with $45 purchase.
Well, I can't pay for shipping.
<< Minutes pass by search the site and thinking about taking a flier on a blind buy >>
There, added that soap I just tried.
Oh, I'm 0.01 under free shipping.
I need to get to work!
<< Adds the matching splash >>
There, it'll be okay. I only meant to buy one soap.

Finally today!

2020 shave #108 (DE:41 SE:25 Str:42 Cart:0) - 621 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
T+S Maya
Alum
Thayers
T+S Maya AS

No video posted because reasons. And the reasons are I was a little behind the schedule I had for myself in my head. I would have thought "M" would be pretty easy, but I only had 2 soaps that fit it and both by Tallow + Steel. It's been a while since I've had a super close shave, so I took the opportunity to chase the dolphin with an excellent razor. What a difference. I could even hear the blade in the head, but had to look after the first pass to assure myself it was in there because I couldn't feel it at all.

Sure was nice not having to get up for work for a while, but were we are again. I mentioned in my last video how coming to work now feels like a game of musical chairs. Who's going to be "it" when the surge hits. We made it through this weekend without things going to all heck. Other than a suspect fleeing from the cops to be shot in one of our clinic parking lots. But luckily no people around as it was on a weekend. In different news the weight loss journey has come to a screeching halt. I can only think of two reasons. One being the move to the new house is over and working in the command center means a lot less body movement vs the little bit I was getting before. The other would be adding in a few full bottles of wine a week and splurging on a nightly snack of pistachios since this whole COVID thing started. I used to mostly do celery at night. Took a few pounds back. As long as I'm bouncing around the same place I guess that's okay until I decide to get back on the wagon fully again.
No stray shots came near the Tesla I hope!

What the heck? Someone forgot to post yesterday's shave!

2020 shave #110 (DE:42 SE:26 Str:42 Cart:0) - 623 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Stirling synth
The Club Oriental Oud
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

2020 shave #111 (DE:42 SE:27 Str:42 Cart:0) - 624 days of consecutive shaving
Occam OREN w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Paladin Pythian Way
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Le Labo Patchouli 24

Video posted. I think I might need to try a different blade in the OREN as this one seemed to have petered out before it should have.

Back