The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Awesome vid. Glad to round out your safety gear. Just think how much more blood could have been shed without it.
There is only 1 safety cat. So the rest of us have to make do with shirts and hard hats.
Have a great day.
Fluffy

2020 shave #86 (DE:35 SE:19 Str:32 Cart:0) - 600 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto AS
Penhaligon's English Fern

Ooops, I thought tomorrow was day #600 in a row. Oh well, we'll catch #700. I think this Paladin is in my top 2 looks wise. Just need to get it more broken in. Since I'm in the command center all day I thought I start off the week with a fresh scent. We might build up to nice and smoky by the end of the week.

Yesterday didn't go as hoped. I came in planning to be here for 4 hrs and go home to work. It turned into 8 and then work from home. Ah well. Tis the start of weekdays who while it will be busier, there will be more people around to share the pain with. 4 more shaves til a day off! (I hope)

I think this Paladin is in my top 2 looks wise. Just need to get it more broken in.
You know...to break it in...you could always just constantly lather while at the command post. An unending supply of soap lather for your coworkers to wash their hands with!

So Dave you are famous , IAMCDB on YouTube made you one of his featured channels and had some nice things to say about you 👍👍
Hey, check me out! I see it on his featured page, but don't see a place for comments. Or was it in a video?

2020 shave #87 (DE:36 SE:19 Str:32 Cart:0) - 601 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Paladin something or other
WSP Black Amber Vanille
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Missoni

Well, here we are again. I've been using the 6S with plate 2 this week. One reason it enables a 2nd shave if I get home and have the energy and need for it, and 2 it reduces any risk of weepers with total distraction. Missoni was chosen in memory of our cancelled trip to London in June.

This morning feels better than yesterday. Still could have gotten more sleep, but had a nice dinner, some wine and turned the computer off. Shockingly enough all my work was still there when I turned it on in the morning ;)

2020 shave #89 (DE:37 SE:19 Str:33 Cart:0) - 603 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
The Club Black Birch Stout
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Dunno what's up with the psycho. Maybe I got a bad blade that I should send to Chad. Last 2 shaves with it have been less than stellar. I end up with BBS, but it's not a smooth journey getting there.

Home stretch! Yesterday they changed a call so it ended up being a 13hr day. 2 more to go!

Yeah...I would say it's the blade. Use it a couple more times and send it to Chad! 🤪

Keep on keeping on! This to shall pass!

Back