The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #78 (DE:29 SE:18 Str:31 Cart:0) - 593 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (2)
Sorrentino Oregon State
Sudsy Soapery Citrus & Bay
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Florida Water
Atelier Cologne Philtre Ceylan

Wow, I got so close with yesterday's shave that today's was a piece of cake. Figured Florida Water was a good virus protection.

I'm tired. Really tired. I don't know how many weeks there's been lack of sleep and stuff to do every minute of the day and I'm just very lucky I haven't gotten just sick in general. Today starts with 4 meetings related to COVID on the books and likely to grow. And it is healthcare, so most of the other standard work doesn't get to stop for this. If you aren't a video watcher, the downstairs den seems to be working out pretty well. Getting left-over mats to put in there to hopefully help the echo. And someone applied to rent out our in-law unit which was one of the things we needed to happen to make this work financially. There is currently just a pocket door between that unit and the rest of the house. I got some foam board and plywood and hope to make a decent sound reduction barrier this week.

Hang in there man. Take some power naps!

Hope the interested renter works out. I know you guys are banking on that!

Hang in there man. Take some power naps!

Hope the interested renter works out. I know you guys are banking on that!
Good news on the potential renter. Hoping it comes thru.
Thanks guys. They just ordered a shelter in place for bay area counties through April 7. I'm not sure how that will effect all of this. It's scary as we're getting with an empty home and the unit we need to rent out and are still paying for.

2020 shave #79 (DE:30 SE:18 Str:31 Cart:0) - 594 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (1)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Oleo Humanitas
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Maison Martin Margiela Jazz Club

@Dave in KY I just realized there's an EdP called Jazz Club. You need this for Soloist.

Busy busy. I got the pocket door sealed up. You can still hear talking on the other side. I'll just have to assume it's better than it was. Went to the grocery store on the way home last night. It was in-sane. I has NEVER been as busy as it was with lines for checkout going half way down the aisles. I got a few things. We're not out of food, but I figure it's hit and miss what's in the stores so I'll pick up a few things every day as I can. Went this morning just before the store opened and there were people waiting outside. Got a few more things as a cop strolled through and then sat in his cruise outside the store. Getting to be just like the movies.

2020 shave #80 (DE:31 SE:18 Str:31 Cart:0) - 595 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Graydog Quilt
The Club Oriental Oud
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

Everyone wave hi to the command center!

Quickie shave this morning. I spent a little too much time just soaking in the shower denying the fact I needed to head back to work. This is probably the first time I didn't get a total BBS from the 6S. I guess it's just not as magical as the Vector ;) I choose a nice yet more mild scent to share with the command center today. And what? Not one single comment yet. They don't know how lucky they are.

2020 shave #81 (DE:32 SE:18 Str:31 Cart:0) - 595 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (3)
Paladin Neptune El Dorado
Tallow + Steel Maya
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather

Evening shave and posting video

Back