The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

I tried to get my wife to consider an all electric this last car buy. They’re pretty cheap after a handful of years of use...of course the batteries are pretty shot by then to on the lower models. Given the mileage she puts in weekly and the lack of charging options along our usual routes, we opted to just go gas. I hope to revisit the idea for her next car though. Me...I’ll always have a truck or SUV...

Was trying to figure out the shaving supply situation here tonight. Little will fit in the master bath. I’ve been just grabbing software out of boxes and have my staples in/on the vanity. My first thought was storing things somewhat as I had in the last bedroom. I filled a large dresser drawer and a sock drawer with soaps. That’s all well and good, but still have brushes, after shaves, and scents.

Next thought was that soft sided under the bed shoe/clothes storage thing. In the end I’m sure I could cram all my soaps in there, but no way they could stay organized. I’d also have to preselect what I use the night before because it would be loud going through them.

Next, those hard under bed bins for wrapping paper. I emptied one out (still need to put the paper back) and tried it out. They will fit three deep in there, but it will take more than two to store all the soaps. Then still have all the other stuff.

Next attempt. There is an unused bedroom with a bath downstairs. I’ve moved a set of things down there and will see for the next several mornings if it’s worth the trade off of trekking downstairs on a cold morning. The experimenting continues.

2020 shave #74 (DE:27 SE:18 Str:29 Cart:0) - 589 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" w/ Schick Proline (5)
TSC Legacy
CBL Bergamot and Lemon
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Marc-Antoine B683

Haven't used Merlin for a while. I've found the Vector gives an amazing result, but there are other razors that are smoother to use during the shave. Having said that, hearing the dolphins screaming isn't a bad thing. I think I need to switch over to the Nivea balm or at least start using something after. Feeling a bit dry these days.

I dunno if anyone cares about my shave den plight, but I figure it's shave related. Used the downstairs bathroom this morning for a test run. It was functional. The mirror is odd as it tilts so it's a bit different having an angle to the view. Realized we need duplicates of everything down there, which we should get anyway. The trek down wasn't such a pain this morning so I'll see how the next few days go.

2020 shave #75 (DE:28 SE:18 Str:29 Cart:0) - 590 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell Model T w/ Israeli Personna (1)
Oz Purple
Grooming Dept Elan
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal

Decided to give the Model T another whirl with a less aggressive blade. This tamed it somewhat. Even on a setting of 2 I knew I wouldn't turn it up any more. Not total BBS because I still felt leering of getting some irritation. Maybe one more shave, but I don't think this is the razor for me.

Things in what will be the new den are progressing nicely . But I'm well aware that it doesn't count until it's on video.

Have a great Friday! And how can we not since @dangerousdon pointed out instead of using TP we can install a kitchen sprayer right next to our toilets for only $20?

Last edited:
2020 shave #76 (DE:29 SE:18 Str:29 Cart:0) - 591 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell Model T w/ Israeli Personna (2)
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar
Siliski Midnight Oasis
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Galimard Sensuel Safron

Video posted. Kick back and enjoy!

Sunday's shave:

2020 shave #77 (DE:29 SE:18 Str:30 Cart:0) - 592 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Graydog Quilt
WCS The Soloist