The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Well, you have my sympathy for what it is worth. I think I was as stressed as I have ever been when we moved from our Walnut Creek home in 2015 intending to travel to Forest City, Iowa to pick up our new RV. We sold the home and, at two weeks before closing, were in the final stages of packing all the stuff you accumulate after 24 years when my wife had to have emergency surgery when her knee replacement became infected. I had to finish everything myself and deal with not having a home in the Bay Area to go to while we dealt with my wife's problem. We ended up renting a room at the Marriott Residence Inn in San Ramon for 4.5 months at $129 per night (a reduced rate!). I was so stressed out and pretty much hit rock bottom. So, Dave, I totally get where you are coming from. It looks like you are ending up in Millbrae or Burlingame. If true not a bad place to be. Things will definitely get better.
Dang, I think you win the "I'd give my left nut to not have this happening right now" award.

2020 shave #50 (DE:18 SE:12 Str:20 Cart:0) - 566 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Schick Proline (2)
TSC Legacy
Grooming Dept Elan
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Atelier Cologne Vetiver Fatal EdP

Ok, so the shave with the Vector is closer, but the Wizamet is smoother.

2020 shave #51 (DE:18 SE:13 Str:20 Cart:0) - 567 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Schick Proline (3)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution Handle
Storybook Soapworks Hook
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Storybook Soapworks Hook AS
Tom Ford Tuscan Leather EdP

I don't know why I packed away my SS already and I'm bummed about it. Really Jonesing for a straight shave. It's funny, the Vector was the end all be all for a while there. But in terms of smoothness of shave I really enjoyed the experience of the Wizamet. Hit up the Hook scent for the day and back filled the longevity with a couple hits of Tuscan Leather.

The folks that were going to rent our in-law until pulled out because the stairs to the back of the house were too much for the man who recently had a quadruple by-pass. I was worried about that when they first mentioned it, but they wanted to see it anyway. So now we start hoping someone else comes out of the woodwork.

You just turn it (in-law unit) into a Jumbo shave den.
Thinking out loud. 🤔
Interesting you say this. Basically, our daily living will be on the top floor of this house. Downstairs is another big room where we'll put the video games for the kids and my wine chairs and stuff. Off of that is another bed room with its own bath. I've been thinking that I could fill the storage of that one with shave stuff. But then in the mornings I'd have to get my robe on and trudge downstairs to shower, which doesn't sound pleasant. Have to see how things play out.

We have to rent out the in-law to afford the place. It's California, we'll be getting at least $2k/month for that. Unless the TSC owners want to rent it out. Then I'm cool with keeping it at a landing pad for all TSC members that want to travel to SF for vacation :)

Never been up that far north in Cali.
Loooong time ago visited family friends in San Juan Capistrano. Grilled shark steaks on the beach. Went to San Diego zoo.
That was awesome. Just after we started to walk away from the monkey enclosures. We hear screams and people start running towards us from that direction. They had been pelted with 💩. Monkey see monkey do really is a thing.
My row home is not large enough to board anyone. But if you ever come back East. I can give you a tour of DC or Baltimore.

Back