The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Dang brother, I've just been catching up on your journal. I'm sorry life has really been slapping you around with a wet noodle lately. Hang in there!

2020 shave #39 (DE:11 SE:8 Str:20 Cart:0) - 555 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector w/ Schick Proline (1)
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar
The Holy Black Mountain Man
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Vector vs OREN

Smoothness of shave OREN > Vector
Closeness of BBS Vector > OREN

tie?

Man I feel you. The things that parents do for the good of their children. Can never be underestimated.
Hope it all goes as well as possible.
Fluffy

Saturday's shave

2020 shave #40 (DE:11 SE:9 Str:20 Cart:0) - 556 days of consecutive shaving
Occam Enoch w/ Feather Proguard
?
SV Cosmo
Alum
Thayers Lemon
SV Cosmo AS

2020 shave #41 (DE:11 SE:10 Str:20 Cart:0) - 557 days of consecutive shaving
Occam Enoch w/ Feather Proguard (5)
RazoRock synth
L&L After the Rain
Alum
Thayers Lemon
L&L After the Rain AS

This is my 2nd shave with the Enoch. All I can say is that Occam knows how to make razors. And interestingly enough I feel the same of this one as the OREN. It's similar to the RX, but the Enoch is more mild and the RX gives you a monster shave. Again, for the price this is well worth it. But if you want a ba**s to the wall shave that you have to earn, it's the RX. And the RX is still sexier.

I'd say it's been a day, but they have all been for a while. We have more direction now though. We have a house set down the road about 3 miles and the next level up in housing costs, but it keeps the girls in the school they are used to. We're renting that one out and renting out ours for three years and then moving back. The only somewhat positive is the house is absolutely huge. It's owned by family friends of my wife and they are allowing us to rent out the in-law that takes half of the downstairs to make the rent affordable for us. Now we start packing with abandon and think about getting our house rent ready as well. I'm hoping having at least this set will allow me to get some sleep tonight.

Nice to have friends that could help you out like that! One less headache! Good to hear Dave...and more house means more shave den of course!

2020 shave #42 (DE:11 SE:11 Str:20 Cart:0) - 558 days of consecutive shaving
Occam Enoch w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Stirling synth
CBL Cigar Shop Indian
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Fragonard Desert EdT

Last shave with the Enoch. Good stuff. I think the majority of people would prefer this over the RX. And I likely could use the Enoch daily as the RX's extra exfoliation can take its toll after a few shaves in a row.

At work we got one temp staff in, should have another on Monday and another in the pipeline. Being healthcare, it takes several weeks to get these folks screened to be able to start working here.

As I mentioned we chose a house to live in for the next 3 years. It's a weird dichotomy. Frustrating and fiscally sucky to have to move, but the house we'll be in is pretty dang sweet. It's just huge. The girls get their own rooms and I get to watch the plane traffic at the airport. Super nerdy, I'll likely listen to the air traffic controller app on the phone and actually start to understand what's going on. Making the big move the 1st weekend in March so it'll be go go go until then.

Back