The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Engage ”Dave the Beast” mode. You shall prevail and power through. Then call HR on an hourly basis.

Thank you for all the comments gentlemen. On top of everything at work we had a massive issue hit out household on Wednesday, that will likely take months if not weeks to know how it can be sorted out. There really hasn't been any improvement in the situations, but at least I'm not numb and don't have a continual screaming in my head today. Also finding one of the most emotional draining aspects to everything it hiding all the stress for the most part while I'm at work because the staff themselves are stressed out and being asked to do a lot. Gotta show resilience and that you're here for them.

2020 shave #32 (DE:10 SE:4 Str:18 Cart:0) - 548 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Oz purple
Storybook Soapworks Visions and Revisions
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Storybook Soapworks Visions and Revisions AS

It's always nice returning to the 6S and being reminded what a perfect combo of razor and blade this is. Looking forward to using up this blade and seeing how the Wizamet performs in the 6S.

Been needing to get up to Napa for a while for some pick-ups and will head up there tomorrow morning. Thought about cancelling given all that's going on. Just zoning out on the couch really sound great right now, but thinking of Napa as the 6S. Once there I tend to be reminded of how enjoyable the surroundings are and that it can be very zen.

I might have to try a Feather in my 6c to see how it does. I think the last time I used one it was in my Merkur 34c, and it was not a good shave lol.

I've been crap at following everyone's journals lately, but wanted to stop by and say -

LOL, unrelated to all this other stuff, my brother-in-law had a skate boarding accident which caused a dislocation in his neck requiring surgery today. I sent him that photo yesterday. BTW, he's just learning to skate because his 5 year old son got into it.

LOL, unrelated to all this other stuff, my brother-in-law had a skate boarding accident which caused a dislocation in his neck requiring surgery today. I sent him that photo yesterday. BTW, he's just learning to skate because his 5 year old son got into it.

Oh man. Learning to skate as an adult is HARD and painful! I learned after I graduated from Davis, a friend was a semi-pro skater and got me into it.

Best of wishes to you and him.

Dude. You got this. When the weight of the world is on your shoulders, throw it off, look down on those problems, and scream, "Merlin's daddy ain't down with that," and get back to work. It'll all be alright soon enough. Keep up the hard work, brother.

Back