The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

Allegra-D that stuff and get it dried up! Take your zinc and vitamin c. Don't give that cold any wiggle room. Enough of the Cadre has been sick enough lately...we don't need our resident Nurse sick also!

2020 shave #22 (DE:5 SE:2 Str:15 Cart:0) - 539 days of consecutive shaving
Timeless w/ Wilkinson Sword (3)
Oz purple
GTB
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
GTB AS
GTB EdP

2020 shave #23 (DE:5 SE:2 Str:16 Cart:0) - 540 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Paladin Harlequin
Strop Shoppe Austin
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Louis Vuitton Ombré Nomade

Well, I thought everything went great with this shave until I was hanging out because I have an off-site training and one of the girls said “did you cut yourself?”. I guess I did on the jaw angle a bit. Didn’t even feel it with the alum. Oh well.

2020 shave #24 (DE:5 SE:3 Str:16 Cart:0) - 541 days of consecutive shaving
Blacklands Vector "Merlin" (6)
Sorrentino Sea Foam
Storybook Soapworks Alysium
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Storybook Soapworks Alysium AS

With the little nick or whatever from yesterday I decided to hold off on the straight for a day. Super beautiful shave with Merlin today. I just recently acquired the matching AS for this soap and I have to say it's the only disappointment in the standard Storybook line. For me it's not matching the soap so well and not my favorite.

I did a full day of threat assessment training yesterday. So I'm now totally trained to assess and judge each of you as to what level of threat you post to me. And with that, I'm outta here! J/K. I'm only like back-up to people on our threat management team, so likely I'll never use this stuff. But it was interested to be presented AT by an ex-cop turned criminal psych investigator doing his best impersonation of a drill instructor. My favorite point was when someone would raise their hand, without taking a breath he would point at them and in a continued aggressive voice say "YA GO!". I did get people to just spit out what they wanted to say though. Today the first half of the day is pretty much the opposite with a program on patient care experience.

Today the first half of the day is pretty much the opposite with a program on patient care experience.
We do similar threat assessment training either annually or bi-annually. It's useful information, as assaults on nurses are generally ignored as being part of the job.

Saturday Shave:

2020 shave #25 (DE:6 SE:3 Str:16 Cart:0) - 542 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho w/ Wizamet (1)
Purple Oz brush
Wholly Kaw Tempest
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Florida Water

Video posted

Sunday shave:

2020 shave #26 (DE:6 SE:3 Str:17Cart:0) - 543 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
?
Stirling Texas on Fire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Stirling Texas on Fire AS

Sunday #2

2020 shave #27 (DE:7 SE:3 Str:17Cart:0) - 543 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho w/ Wizamet (2)
Stirling synth
Tallow + Steel Maya
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm

Video posted

2020 shave #28 (DE:8 SE:3 Str:17Cart:0) - 544 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho w/ Wizamet (2)
Stirling synth
CBL Balsamic Oud
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

One quickie ATG pass today after two shaves yesterday. Not a lot planned for this week, which is fine for me. Have a letter for jury duty on Wednesday. Last time that happened I ended up being out of work almost a week getting on a jury. Odds say I should be back to calling in the evening before to be told I don't need to come in.

Last edited:
2020 shave #27 (DE:7 SE:3 Str:17Cart:0) - 543 days of consecutive shaving
Psycho w/ Wizamet (2)
Stirling synth
CBL Balsamic Oud
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea post shave balm
Tom Ford Oud Minerale

One quickie ATG pass today after two shaves yesterday. Not a lot planned for this week, which is fine for me. Have a letter for jury duty on Wednesday. Last time that happened I ended up being out of work almost a week getting on a jury. Odds say I should be back to calling in the evening before to be told I don't need to come in.
My count has this as shave 28 not 27 😉
Scratch that..... single passes don't count 😜🤣

Back