The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

So what was it? Like a weird misplaced lipoma?
Originally it was a little cyst that was there for like 20 years (you know you're old when you measure medical issues in decades). But in the last year it would get a little bigger from time to time so I decided to get it removed. But in the last two weeks while I waited for my appointment, I guess it leaked or something and released stuff that irritated the tissues and caused it to swell up and get obnoxious.

I found this interesting. He said what normally happens is you get a cut or little puncture wound and a tiny bit of skin goes into your body. The edges of that start growing looking for the edges of the wound to heal the hole. If those edges end up finding each other before the edges of the cut they grow together and form this thing.

Originally it was a little cyst that was there for like 20 years (you know you're old when you measure medical issues in decades). But in the last year it would get a little bigger from time to time so I decided to get it removed. But in the last two weeks while I waited for my appointment, I guess it leaked or something and released stuff that irritated the tissues and caused it to swell up and get obnoxious.

I found this interesting. He said what normally happens is you get a cut or little puncture wound and a tiny bit of skin goes into your body. The edges of that start growing looking for the edges of the wound to heal the hole. If those edges end up finding each other before the edges of the cut they grow together and form this thing.
Cool. Sort of like a mini dave clone growing inside of you.

tumblr_mf5rclYX0v1rkmwheo1_400.gifv

2020 shave #17 (DE:1 SE:1 Str:15 Cart:0) - 534 days of consecutive shaving
Rockwell 6S w/ Feather (2)
Stirling synth
Strike Goal Old Hickory
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

I made it. Toughest part of the morning routine actually was whipping up a lather. I was wearing a glove to keep the dressing dry, and it didn't fit very far down the finger, and we'll just say it was a PITA. I won't do a big review of the soap today as much of my thoughts were just getting the razor across my face. It did have a similar lather to yesterday with it being a little loose and shiny. Scent was of sweet leather and a little less intense. Maybe 3/5, And again the residual slickness once a little water was added was off the charts.

Just gettin' through the day. We have a big manager's meeting this morning where I think we'll get our jackets that were supposed to be a Christmas gift. This was delayed until now due to one of the little strikes. Then I have to cover for my boss at another meeting. @GearNoir that means free breakfast and lunch today! Finger isn't feeling too bad, but I've been doing the dumb guy thing where I still use my right hand for everything because it's faster. Had to air up one of my wife's tires this morning so she could drive the car into the shop. Should have probably taken something before leaving the house so things don't get too bad, but you know how guys are.

Back