The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #9 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:9 Cart:0) - 526 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (6)
Paladin Brush of Shame
Strop Shoppe Russian Tea
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Penhaligon's Endymion EdP

Been a while since I used Russian Tea and I needed to be reminded why I made such an effort to get it. Yep, worth it. I could use this soap every day for a good while and enjoy it. And I've looked for a scent that matches it, but have never come across one. Breakthrough in terms of the straight shave. I found what works for my neck now. May do a video on it tomorrow. Enjoying the smoothest SS shave I've had. And what scent to wear. Well Russian Tea is understated royalty. When I think of understated royalty I think of @Dave in KY. And Dave likes Endymion so I went with that.

It's amazing that the Strop Shoppe Russian Tea is so hard to duplicate. I have found things similar, but just not the same. Of course...I haven't Smelled Russian Tea in a VERY long time...so I am not sure I even remember what really smelled like.

It's amazing that the Strop Shoppe Russian Tea is so hard to duplicate. I have found things similar, but just not the same. Of course...I haven't Smelled Russian Tea in a VERY long time...so I am not sure I even remember what really smelled like.
I was thinking this morning I should add it to the sample pass around as that's how I was lucky enough to get introduced to it.

I have the Strop Shoppe and CBL and I like @CBLindsay Russian Tea better and it's on sale right now. I'd be getting a backup if not in a buying freeze....

2020 shave #10 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:10 Cart:0) - 527 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (1)
Plissoft knot in Shave Revolution handle
TOBS Jermyn Street
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
TOBS Jermyn Street EdC

Gentlemen of the cadre, I rocked this shave! Feeling my face you would think a RX or Vector had just been through. Goooood stuff and I smell like a London aristocrat. Video posted.

Also nailed the coffee this morning so that was good. Have an issue at work that's been somewhat percolating for a few months that will come to conclusion today that will leave many people feeling pretty crappy. Guess mentally I'm concentrating on the good until then. Then might open up that bottle of rum I had hunted for and finally found.

Then might open up that bottle of rum I had hunted for and finally found.
Why wait?

giphy.gif

Gosh, hope the work issue is something that can be moved on from quickly.

Countdown to the weekend begins!

Back