The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Nurse Dave's Journal

2020 shave #7 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:7 Cart:0) - 524 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (4)
Paladin Honey Noir Oscar 28mm
T+S Boreal
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Nivea 2:1
Missoni

Breaking in the Honey Noir and trying out a new to me soap. Video is posting, but taking a while because I didn't get it posted at home so it's just on cellular here at work.

Thanks to watching part of @Spider's video this morning, I saw him sipping from a coffee mug and remembered to bring my beans to work today.

2020 shave #8 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:8 Cart:0) - 525 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Oz Purple synth
Oleo Empire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Oleo Empire As

Bit of a surprise shave for me. Today the blade felt like it might be getting a little rough even though I usually don't have an issue through at least 6 shaves. I thought I might be dealing with some sting after words, but I really aced the neck and got a great shave with no stinging. First use of the Oz brush and it's a synth from a good company so of course everything was fine. And Empire is their take on Sauvage, though I didn't use the fraq as I couldn't remember if I had a meeting this morning or not. Also forgot the AS has menthol and just deal with the stinging and it went away after a few minutes to leave me nice and cold? Who wants to be colder in the winter??

Couple personal notes. I mentioned before that I'm pursing a cool pen exclusive to Japan. Got an email this morning that it has been purchased. I don't want to jinx things so I'll post a pic once it's actually in the mail to me. My weight loss journey is back on track. I made it through the holidays gaining only 1 lb so that's cool. Of course weight fluctuates enough that's approximate, but at least it wasn't a lot. I had plateaued before the holidays and now am back on a downward trend so that's cool. Happy with any progress since I haven't gotten my butt out to exercise yet. Lastly, folks wash your hands! Stuff is going around. We're a small department and have four people out sick and several others with residual cough and/or sick kids.

2020 shave #8 (DE:0 SE:0 Str:8 Cart:0) - 525 days of consecutive shaving
Feather SS w/ Feather Proguard (5)
Oz Purple synth
Oleo Empire
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Oleo Empire As

Bit of a surprise shave for me. Today the blade felt like it might be getting a little rough even though I usually don't have an issue through at least 6 shaves. I thought I might be dealing with some sting after words, but I really aced the neck and got a great shave with no stinging. First use of the Oz brush and it's a synth from a good company so of course everything was fine. And Empire is their take on Sauvage, though I didn't use the fraq as I couldn't remember if I had a meeting this morning or not. Also forgot the AS has menthol and just deal with the stinging and it went away after a few minutes to leave me nice and cold? Who wants to be colder in the winter??

Couple personal notes. I mentioned before that I'm pursing a cool pen exclusive to Japan. Got an email this morning that it has been purchased. I don't want to jinx things so I'll post a pic once it's actually in the mail to me. My weight loss journey is back on track. I made it through the holidays gaining only 1 lb so that's cool. Of course weight fluctuates enough that's approximate, but at least it wasn't a lot. I had plateaued before the holidays and now am back on a downward trend so that's cool. Happy with any progress since I haven't gotten my butt out to exercise yet. Lastly, folks wash your hands! Stuff is going around. We're a small department and have four people out sick and several others with residual cough and/or sick kids.
Good luck with the weight loss Dave. I'm trying to lose some myself.

Back